Nvidia-settings: Does not show system information

Hello everybody,
I have a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti on a Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS Machine.
Nvidia-smi shows the following as expected:

Nvidia-settings shows the following with no system information:

Attached is the nvidia-bug-report file. I assume there might be some version conflicts, but I cannot find out how to solve. I would be very thankful for your help.

Regards

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (236.7 KB)

There doesn’t seem to be any monitor connected. Are you trying to run nvidia-settings from remote? If so, you’re not connecting to the nvidia gpu but some software-driven Xserver.

Thank you for your answer and sorry, that I did not mention my setting.

I am connected via Remote Desktop from Windows 10 to the named Ubuntu machine. Nvidia-settings worked as expected some days ago. But as I mentioned, I installed different cuda versions and I think there might be some paths conflicts which might cause the problem. Is that possible? How does Nvidia-settings know from where to get the information it shows?

Concerning the remote Ubuntu machine: Is it necessary that a monitor is connected to that machine so that Nvidia-settings shows the right information?

Thanks

A monitor is not needed but you need to connect to the real Xserver running on the nvidia gpu. nvidia-settings being empty points to connecting to a virtual software Xserver, e.g. rdpserver.

So you mean the following?

Yes.