NvSIPLCamera Init failed and Master Initialization Failed when running IMX728 driver with 4 channels

Please provide the following info (tick the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS 6.0.8.1
DRIVE OS 6.0.6
DRIVE OS 6.0.5
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

When running the IMX728 driver, we are getting the below error when using mask 0x1111 to enable acquisition on all 4 channels:

This used to work previously with exactly the same setup.
Now, only one channel seems to work when we enable the following mask 0x0001. Only Sensor0_out0 is returning a frame rate.

Does anyone know what could have happened or what could cause only one channel to work?

Which IMX728 camera module on DRIVE AGX Orin Sensors & Accessories | NVIDIA Developer are you using?

The Sensor is Sony IMX728. The camera model is SG8-IMX728C-GMSL2-H120Y. We got the drivers from the vendor directly and its specific to 6.0.5

You might want to clarify with any default supported camera modules.

We don’t have the other cameras, but you can see the screenshot here. It worked before.

Please try another devkit or reflash the current one. If the issue persists, you might need to contact the camera model vendor for further assistance.

Do you mean to reflash with docker again? Do I need to erase any OS before doing that?

What did you mean by erasing any OS?

Can you explain the steps for reflashing, please? we don’t have another devkit

To flash DRIVE OS 6.0.5, please follow these steps as outlined in the official documents:

1. Set Up Docker and NVIDIA GPU Cloud Access
  2. Setting Up DRIVE OS Linux with NVIDIA GPU Cloud (NGC)

BTW, why don’t you upgrade to the latest release, 6.0.8.1?

As explained here CUDA installation failing while downgrading to Drive OS 6.0.5 with SDK Manager - #8 by chris.hoffman

we would like to reuse work from another region within the company whose drivers are tied to 6.0.5

@VickNV, is there another error log you can take a look at before I go down the route of flashing the docker?

The camera module is not listed as supported on DRIVE AGX Orin Sensors & Accessories | NVIDIA Developer. Therefore, you’ll need to contact the provider or manufacturer who supplied the driver for additional support or information.

@VickNV, Is debug USB C cable from NVIDIA Orin necessary to be connected to Ubuntu Host when using the nvsipl_camera application?
What about the right side USB C cable?

I don’t believe any USB connection is required to run nvsipl_camera (if you’re accessing the system via SSH). Could you share what you’ve observed?

Also, Is this question connected to the original topic? Please always create separate topics for different discussions. Thanks.

@VickNV Yes, its related to the original topic because now none of the channels are working for the nvsipl_camera applications (in this topic I have said that one is working). I wanted to check if its one of my connections, as I had disconnected the right USB C cable when it was initially working, just wondering if I can disconnect the left too.

It seems resolved. Could you please provide additional details on how it was resolved?