I’m facing a problem with IMX219 (and also TC358743) and Jetson Xavier NX devkit.
I have connected an IMX219 (in fact two cameras, but problem is same with only one cam) to devkit using straight ribbon (pin 1 to pin 1 …), changing the DT with tegra194-p3668-all-p3509-0000.dtb (which include IMX219 bindings) but I have these messages in kern.log:
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.104228] tegra-i2c 3180000.i2c: no acknowledge from address 0x10
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.104305] imx219 9-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.104369] imx219 9-0010: board setup failed
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.104463] imx219: probe of 9-0010 failed with error -121
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.104992] imx219 10-0010: tegracam sensor driver:imx219_v2.0.6
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.128227] tegra-i2c 3180000.i2c: no acknowledge from address 0x10
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.128291] imx219 10-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.128335] imx219 10-0010: board setup failed
xavier-nx kernel: [ 5.128412] imx219: probe of 10-0010 failed with error -121
At boot time, if I probe the I2C signals (SCL and SDA) on J1 or J9, the signals are always at 3.3V.
Even if I manualy do i2cdetect or i2cget on bus 2, the result is same.
I have the same problem with the hdmi-2-csi bridge TC358743 (with custom driver and DT).
I already check the following points:
- IMX219 or TC358743 isn’t in RESET state;
- CAM_I2C_MUX (U11 on devkit) is not Power Down;
- CAM_I2C_SEL is set to 0 when only one camera is connected and configured in DT;
- Checking device-tree especially cam_i2cmux (in tegra194-camera-rbpcv2-imx219.dtsi), but it looks good;
- Verifying that CAM_I2C is an alias for /dev/i2c2 (i2c@3180000) from DT;
- i2cdetect -y -r 2 --> nothing detected;
- i2cget -y 2 0x10 0x00 (or i2cget -y 2 0x0f 0x00 for TC358743) --> return an error;
- pinmux(tegra19x-mb1-pinmux-p3668-a01.cfg) seems to be correctly configured : pins cam_i2c_scl_pp2 and cam_i2c_scl_pp3 are enabled.
So I think it’s maybe a problem from DT or pinmux config, because it’s not depending on device/camera connected to J1/J9.
I have no more ideas to investigate this problem …
Thanks for your help.