DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hello,

I was hoping to get a confirmation on the thread started here:

Similar to the poster in that original thread, I am having issues connecting to various sensors connected via the internal AGX switch over 100MBase-T1 and 1GBase-T1. I have confirmed connection, wiring, and used a media converter to verify communications between an external 100MBase-T1 switch port and the Orin itself, but all sensors connected do not ping through nor allow packets across. At this point the most likely reason is that the switch’s ports are not set to master mode, as the poster in the previous thread alludes to - while I can do the experiment detailed by the thread, (1) this is something NVIDIA should be able to answer directly, and (2) as far as I know NVIDIA does not provide any way to change the port role configuration, so if they are set as slave mode (contrary to documentation, but I have seen other forum posts that suggest that is a known issue) I would like to know what NVIDIA’s suggestion is in order to rectify the situation. The vast majority of sensors one would connect to the Drive AGX are hard-coded to slave mode, so I would find it odd that the ports would be anything but master mode, but several posts on here seem to point to that being the case.

Have you considered looking into converter devices that can switch modes? Alternatively, you could try changing the mode on the devices themselves to master.

Thanks for the response. I had not considered looking into converter devices that can switch modes, as that would require a converter that goes from Base-T1 to Base-T and then a second converter that goes from Base-T back to Base-T1, which is approximately $800 worth of converter per sensor - not a viable solution. Unless you know of a converter that is -T1 on both sides and converts from master to slave? I am unaware of such a device, if you know of one I would gladly look into it. Unfortunately, none of the devices I am using support changing roles.

Can you please let me know which sensors you are attempting to connect? Are they included in our ecosystem pages listed below?

I am not at liberty to disclose that information on a forum, unfortunately.

I am able to confirm that when the NVIDIA media converter is hooked to the 1GBase-T1 ports it reports as 1G-m (1 Gbps, Master), which implies the ports are configured as Slave, and that when connected to 100MBase-T1 ports it reports as 100M-s (100Mbps, Slave) which implies the ports are configured as Master. This is confusing as I am having trouble connecting to the 100M side and it appears to be configured correctly, as well as confusing in that the documentation indicates that all external switched ports should be configured as ‘Primary’. Can NVIDIA please confirm?

Please share through a private message.

Please refer to Network Switches Port Roles Appear Incorrect. The document issue will be fixed in the next release.

Hello,

Based on that thread, it appears NVIDIA is still working internally to verify operation and that said mode is compatible with Hyperion sensor configurations - is that still the case?

I guess more to the point, this thread and others seem to indicate that slave mode on all external switch ports is the intended operation of the Drive AGX, and that documentation is wrong. Slave mode on the Drive AGX switch ports is not useful for our application (and most applications, I’d wager) - is there any way to change it, or ideally, have per-port configurability for master/slave role?

Thanks

Our team has confirmed that role configuration is currently not supported. The role detected by the P3751 media converter is accurate, and we will update the documentation to reflect this.

Please rely solely on the information provided by the media converter for the port role as that the 100M-BASE-T1 ports have been detected on your side as master.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The documentation issue was fixed and you can take a peek at the document of DRIVE OS 6.0.8 (not released yet).