How to change Base-T1 ports' master/slave configuration

Hi,
I was trying to interface an 100Base-T1 RADAR and failed to communicate with it. Later on, I found out that the sensor’s PHY is in slave configuration and I think that was the culprit (I think, AGX’s Base-T1 ports are also configured as slave). Currently, changing sensor’s configuration is not possible, and that’s why I am looking for a way to change the configuration of the ports on AGX. How It could be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi, @ozzdemir
May I know if you are using a supported radar listed on the page?

Hi @VickNV, it is not the case. Our RADAR is not on the list.

What’s the issue you observed? any error messages?

Actually, the topic is only the summary. It would be helpful if you were to verify/falsify the following claim.

The experiments I made are as follows.

• Connected 100Base-T1 port of AGX to laptop, using the media-converter that is configured as master and could ping AGX from laptop.
  • Connected RADAR to laptop, using the media-converter that is configured as master and could receive network packets from the sensor
  • Connected RADAR to the AGX using two media converters, and could receive network packets of the sensor from the AGX. The connection scheme was as follows.
    • AGX <=100BASE-T1=> Converter <=100BASE-TX=> Converter <=100BASE-T1=> RADAR)

The result I got from the experiments is that AGX and RADAR have the same BASE-T1 configuration, that’s why they couldn’t communicate directly (Both master, or both slave).
Edit: After re-checking the user-manual of the media-converter, it is more likely that both are configured as slave.

Did you mean “MC configured as Master (DIP-switch 1: ON)” didn’t work in this experiment?

Does replacing AGX with PC/laptop in the use case work?

Experiment shows the opposite, when MC configured as master, I could communicate with AGX (Not when MC configured as slave)

That use-case reduces to experiment two, since laptop has no 100BASE-T1 connection. Which works as stated.

Please try if “MC configured as Master (DIP-switch 1: ON)” will work in the first use case or not. I’m thinking if PHYs will do the negotiation.

In the experiment mentioned in the following statement, I did exactly the same thing that you keep telling. And it works.

What I’am trying to solve here is the case, where both AGX and RADAR ( UMRR96 from smartmicro) configured as slave (OBVIOUSLY, fails due to mismatch).
I would be quite grateful if you would verify/falsify the following yes/no questions before proposing further tests.

• PHY’s connected to 100BASE-T1 ports of the AGX are configured as slave by default.
  • PHY’s connected to 100BASE-T1 can auto-negotiate their master/slave configuration.
  • Changing master/slave configuration of the pre-mentioned PHY’s is possible.

Sorry. My fault. I meant to try if “MC configured as Slave (DIP-switch 1: OFF)” will work in the first use case or not.

As I remember, it was failing to work in that case. If you insist, I will repeat that case. So, you are telling me that answer to the second statement is yes? Please answer the whole three in the mean time.

The two statements seem to conflict.

To be honest, we won’t support radars, not in the support list (https://developer.nvidia.com/drive/ecosystem-hw-sw). If you really need to connect the radar to AGX system, I would suggest you get support from your radar vendor.

I updated the case here. Previously, didn’t edited the original question to prevent confusion but, now updated it accordingly.

The three statements I am mentioning are as follows.

I would be quite grateful if you would verify/falsify the following yes/no questions before proposing further tests.

• PHY’s connected to 100BASE-T1 ports of the AGX are configured as slave by default.
  • PHY’s connected to 100BASE-T1 can auto-negotiate their master/slave configuration.
  • Changing master/slave configuration of the pre-mentioned PHY’s is possible.

What I want is help about the Pegasus, not the RADAR. Statements above are all related to DevKit itself

I’ll check internally and get back to you on this.

Hi Vick, were you able to check?

still checking with the team. Sorry to keep you waiting.

I was able to change configuration of the port by changing network configuration to Hyperion 7 by following procedure mentioned in this section .
TLDR; By sending following commands to the MCU Console.

sethyperionconfig 1
aurixreset

Thanks for your sharing back.

• Yes, the 1000 BaseT1 ports on the AGW are configured as Slave/secondary by default
  • No, the port sense does not auto-negotiate, this is not supported for 1000Base T1 technology.
  • It is possible to change the sense of the ports manually, but this needs to be done by via the Aurix FW which downloads the configs to the onboard Ethernet switches.
  • If you have DRIVE OS 5.2.6, there are alternate switch configs that can be enabled from the Aurix CLI that will enable all the 1000 Base T1 ports as master/primary as you mentioned in the previous post.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.