Passing Board ID, version, sku and revision details to flash script

We are using Jetson AGX Orin development kit. The USB micro-B port(J26) on the development kit was broken. I have connected only USB Type-C port(J40) to host PC for flashing.

I have placed the development kit in force-recovery mode and tried flashing using the following command.

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device mmcblk1p1
-c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p “-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml”
–showlogs --network usb0 jetson-agx-orin-devkit internal

But it is not detecting the board. The flash script is returning Unrecognized module SKU. The Board ID, version, sku and revision details are empty. How we can pass this information if we won’t connect J26 to the host PC.

• Step 1: Generate flash packages *

Create folder to store images to flash
Generate image for internal storage devices
Generate images to be flashed
ADDITIONAL_DTB_OVERLAY=“” /home/user/Linux_for_Tegra/flash.sh --no-flash --sign “-c jetson-agx-orin-devkit internal

###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R35 , REVISION: 4.1

User release: 0.0

###############################################################################
> Board ID() version() sku() revision()
> Chip SKU(00:00:00:D0) ramcode() fuselevel(fuselevel_production) board_FAB()
> Error: Unrecognized module SKU
Error: /home/user/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/signed/flash.idx is not found
Error: failed to relocate images to /home/user/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/images
Cleaning up…

Development kit lay out : Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit User Guide - Hardware | NVIDIA Developer

How about you run the basic flash.sh first to see if it can flash your board or not?

Also, micro B port on devkit is only for dumping log, why do think it is related to flash?

Using the flash.sh command as below after referring the link flashing is happening by connecting only USB Type-C port(J40) to host PC.

$sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

Regarding the query which I have posted related to flashing using ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh script. It looks the Board ID, version, sku, revision, Chip SKU, ramcode, fuselevel and board_FAB details read using USB micro-B port(J26).

If we won’t connect USB micro-B port(J26) then it is failing with the following error.

Board ID() version() sku() revision()
Chip SKU(00:00:00:D0) ramcode() fuselevel(fuselevel_production) board_FAB()
Error: Unrecognized module SKU
Cleaning up…

Initially when I received the board then I have connected USB micro-B port(J26) also while flashing that time it is displaying the following info and continued with the flashing. The complete flash log attached in the link.

Board ID(3701) version(500) sku(0000) revision(J.0)
Chip SKU(00:00:00:D0) ramcode(00:00:00:00) fuselevel(fuselevel_production) board_FAB(500)

We are preparing a custom carrier board using Jetson AGX Orin SOM module. I am thinking about flashing the custom carrier board, during flashing if it needs to read any info from the SOM module then USB micro-B port(J26) connected to only UART3_DEBUG is enough? I have posted the query for this at the link.

HI,

Actually I don’t know what you are talking about. The micro B port on the Orin AGX board is just for UART log. It has nothing to do with reading board info.

I can still flash my board even without connecting uart port.

The issue sounds like related to initrd flash only. Will it work if you use initrd flash to flash emmc?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.