Problem installing cuda 3.2 toolkit on Debian Squeeze

Hello,

I am having problems installing the 3.2 release on my Debian Squeeze. I am using the ubuntu version for 64bits and I have installed with no problem the 3.1. My problem seems to be with the release file for the 3.2 as the error is “Extraction failed”, is it because of the file being corrupt or could it be because I am missing something?

I run Debian Squeeze for amd64, installation by default and running NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-260.19.36.run (by the way, do I have to install devdriver_3.2_linux_64_260.19.26.run if I already have the others?).

When I try to install the toolkit, what I get is:

s$ ./cudatoolkit_3.2.16_linux_64_ubuntu10.04.run 

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing NVIDIA CUDA.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Extraction failed.

Signal caught, cleaning up

I’m running an Geforce 425m.

Thank you very much.

I found out that it can be solved by just ignoring the “installer”. Editing the file and deleting all the text, thus leaving only the plain tar.gz and decompressing it on the desired folder works fine.