Problem with bug report comments

Hi

I’m trying to post a comment responding to a bug report response but get the error:

An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 502
Debugging information follows.
Path: /system/ajax
StatusText: HTTP/2.0 502
ResponseText:
502 - Bad Gateway
502 - Bad Gateway

This happens with a plain text message.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

The description is not clear, but I assume you are hitting an error when trying to submit additional information for a bug report you have filed with NVIDIA.

NVIDIA’s bug reporting mechanism includes aggressive guards against the injection of harmful content. When these trigger, incomprehensible error message result. This has been a significant problem for many years running; apparently NVIDIA doesn’t want to invest in fixing it.

It would be counterproductive for NVIDIA to reveal what items can trigger the guards. I have never been able to make out a pattern on what material the bug reporting system accepts and what material it objects to.

The only workable strategy seems to be to submit bug information in small fragments, noting in the report why you are doing so. It’s a major pain in the behind for sure.

Ok, but it won’t let me say even the text below:

“Hi, I get this error when i build the project using visual studio 2015 with cuda 9.0 and latest nsight.”

This seems unusual…

Agreed. This would appear to be a different kind of failure then. Maybe the bug report handler crashed. If you are lucky, txbob will see this thread and alert the people in charge.

it may be due to slowdown of servers, which i also see on this forum. guess why it occurs

Hmmmm now all my bug reports say page not found

Bug reports are back but still cannot post any comments…!

I don’t want to be annoying, but I still can’t post any comments to my bug reports - even a simple word like “Test” will give the error:

An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 502
Debugging information follows.
Path: /system/ajax
StatusText: HTTP/2.0 502
ResponseText:
502 - Bad Gateway
502 - Bad Gateway

Are there any Nvidia admin’s on the forum who can help or does anyone have an email address for nvidia support?

what bug number are you trying to update?

Still broken. Is there an email address i can send my response to?

I’m not aware of any email address that will direct comments to that bug report.

There is a contact form that anyone can use:

https://developer.nvidia.com/contact

I’ve filed an internal issue to have the comment reporting issue investigated. I don’t know when it will be looked at. I was able to reproduce the comment problem on a test bug that I filed using the external portal.

If you want to provide a comment here, I will put it into the bug report.

Thanks, appreciated. My comment is:

Hi, I get this error when i build the project using visual studio 2015 with cuda 9.0 and latest nsight. I’m not sure what you mean by cdp project. To reproduce simply create a new cuda project in visual studio and paste the code i provided. It shouldn’t be giving the error message about dynamic parallelism since all i am doing is allocating memory on the device.

Linux doesn’t not give this error.

The error means that i can’t debug projects using device memory allocation without using a machine that has a gpu dedicated for cuda.