problem with MAC OS 10.5.4 upgrade system hangs

I am a newbie to this site and not sure if I am in the right forum to ask this question - as an end-user and not a techie, any advice will be gratefully received. I routinely upgraded my mac os to 10.5.4 and seem to have a conflict with my apple-supplied NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT card. Downgrading to 10.5.3 resolved this but I will be precluded form any further upgrades unless I an resolve this. Any knowledge and ideas on this one? Profile included below. Thx… andrew@europeanhr.co.uk

macpro1,1 dual core intel xeon 3 GHz 4MB L2 cache boot rom version MP11.005D.B00 SMC Version 1.7f10 serial no CK7490QK0GP

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0393
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3011

• anything else you might need to help me out?

The GeForce 7300GT does not support CUDA.

Sorry, but I don’t understand - does this mean I should be posting my enquiry on another part of the forum?

Sorry, but not sure what this means…does it mean that I should be putting my enquiry on another part of the forum?

Apple provides the drivers for graphic cards for their machines - not the chip developers. Therefore problems with graphics drivers need to be resolved with Apple directly. You might want to visit Apple’s support forums for help or an Apple Store guru (if you live near an Apple Store). Good luck!

CUDA is different from normal graphic drivers and isn’t provided by Apple but by Nvidia. If the problem you are reporting with your graphic card is CUDA related then you are out of luck - because CUDA isn’t supported on your card and won’t ever be supported. Neither Apple nor Nvidia, will change that and there is no forum you could visit. Sorry.

Best,

Bjoern

I get it, thx. Apple have replaced the card and all is well. Thx for your forebearance and help