Problems executing out files.

Hello!
I am encountering a problem when I am executing my programs written in CUDA C
My programs compile, and they run, but not as expected.
For instance I have a program very very simple, just to demonstrate the concept of transferring memory from host to device and the other way around. I compiled the program and it compiled perfectly, the problem comes when I execute the a.out file.
If I execute a.out file with my username, it doesn’t work, it sends an exception that I programmed when the memory can’t be allocated, but if I run it as root… it works perfectly.
I don’t know what’s going on, a friend of mine told me that it could be something wrong with the permission in /var/nvidia1…9
but I don’t know how to check those permissions.
Any clue?
Thank you

Hello!
I am encountering a problem when I am executing my programs written in CUDA C
My programs compile, and they run, but not as expected.
For instance I have a program very very simple, just to demonstrate the concept of transferring memory from host to device and the other way around. I compiled the program and it compiled perfectly, the problem comes when I execute the a.out file.
If I execute a.out file with my username, it doesn’t work, it sends an exception that I programmed when the memory can’t be allocated, but if I run it as root… it works perfectly.
I don’t know what’s going on, a friend of mine told me that it could be something wrong with the permission in /var/nvidia1…9
but I don’t know how to check those permissions.
Any clue?
Thank you

Hi,

try to give your user (or his group) a right to write /dev/nvidia* files.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

try to give your user (or his group) a right to write /dev/nvidia* files.

Hope it helps.