Problems with blendshape conversion

Hello, I tried to convert blendshapes according to your instructions from the video tutorials. Unfortunately, the last step is an error in the solver and the blendshape head does not work. I am familiar with similar problems on your forum. Blendshape conversion error
In this thread you have helped the user a lot. I looked at the file you sent him and tried to do the same. It was a failure. Maybe the problem is in the name of my blendshapes because I took them from ARKit. If you can fix my usd file I would be very grateful. I use ARKit blendshapes to transfer your lip sync to metahuman. If that’s not possible, maybe you have an fbx file with the blendshapes of the tuned head, then I could take it for the transfer instead of the ARkit. Here is my usd.ar_kit_3.usd (726.6 KB)

Hello @bochar54! Welcome to the Community!

I let the development team know about your post! We should hear from back from them soon. Thanks for reaching out to us!

Hi @bochar54, welcome to Audio2Face.

I checked your file and this is due to an issue between Maya connector and Audio2Face when write/read .usd file with blendshapes. We made a fix for that and will release a new audio2face very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!
In the meantime, you can try this file, I fixed the part that was wrong, and confirmed that this is working for blendshape conversion.
The fix I made → I had to remove “blendshape1” from all the pose names in skel:blendShapes attribute.

ar_kit_3.usda (2.4 MB)

Hi, thank you very much. Everything works. Very much looking forward to new updates of your program. I would like to know more about your solver, what it is based on and how it finds the right blenshape names, maybe you have a specific library of names. Unfortunately I have no access to CC3, but it seems to me that the result of transfer on CC3 heads is better than the custom ones.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.