Nvidia Omniverse Audio2Face blendshapes problem

Hey, guys. I’m already losing my mind. Here’s the problem:

I need to transfer Audio2Face animations to blendshapes and export them to Blender. But after working in the program for about 5 hours and reviewing dozens of tutorials I still can not do what I need. Specifically, I can’t transfer blendshapes to usdSkel of my character. When I try to do this, the program creates just one obscure blendshape and gives me a bunch of errors over and over. I’ve probably watched all the tutorials on YouTube and done everything in different ways, but the problem persists.

I really need your help as soon as possible, please.

Thank you in advance.

Here’s my project files (sorry, they will all be in the archive, because I can’t upload multiple files in this thread since I am a new user of the forum):

Project Files.zip (76.5 MB)

lol i figured it out, I’m a bit of a fool)

1 Like

I have the exact same problem, been tutorialing for a few days now and i have everything working except pushing the blendshape weights json to Blender (FaceIt addon).
When i press export weights is see errors and nothing happens.
Anything you could share that might work for me please ?

Hi @soontekk , can you please send your latest Audio2Face log file which can be found here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.nvidia-omniverse\logs\Kit\Audio2Face

@soontekk Thanks for providing the log files. It seems there something wrong in the scene. Are you able to share your scene for further investigation?

1 Like

Thank you so much.
Let me see how i can share this with you.
Just save it and zip it up ?

yes please. zip and upload here.

1 Like

Sent, didn’t think that would work :o
Cheers!

It seems there’s another file referenced inside the scene you sent. Can you please flatten your scene and send it again?

You can flatten and save your scene from FileSave Flattened As...

Thanks for sending your file. I just did a quick test and was able to export BlendShape weights as json.

Here are the steps I took:

• Open your file
  • Generate and export blendShape using Character Transfer Tab -> Blendshape Generation -> Export. This will export 2 files.
  • Drag the export file that ends with _usdSkel.usd back into current scene.
  • Move, rotate and scaled the newly imported head (I had to scale by 7.5) to match with talking head
  • Remove the old blendShape solve node from A2F Data Conversion tab
  • Create a new blendShape solve for the new head using A2F Data Conversion tab. Add moving head to Input Anim Mesh and new head to BlendShape Mesh. Click Setup Blendshape Solve
  • Specify a path and a name in Common Settings, then select the new BlendShape Solve node name from list of BlendShape Solver(s) and click Export Weights
1 Like

Thank you Ehsan,
I will give that a go.
I probably messed up a few things during the first test.
Thanks for all your help !

Got things to work !

Thanks for letting me hop onto your thread @richthoffen
And thanks so much @Ehsan.HM

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.