Question how to install any device is USB hardware or Mini Pcie

Hi!
In a few days I get nvidia jetson nano I would like to develop some videos.
My question is what are the commands to install a hardware on jetson nano example: the printer with USB or ethernet or a Pciexpress mini hardware example wirells wifi blutoohoot intel and more?
Thank you and I await answers.
and then install new drivers graphics, audio, network, etc. …

I don’t think anyone can give a true answer without talking about a specific device, but the following might help…

The kernel space is where drivers and kernel supported features live. The user space is where end user applications run. If hardware needs a custom driver, then you would typically add the driver as a kernel module (a file copy after compiling it), or if mandatory, then as a reinstall of the actual kernel (requiring both kernel and all modules to be installed). Installing modules is the same on a Jetson as it is on a desktop Linux PC, but installing the kernel itself requires care.

Drivers are part of the kernel, and many devices use some sort of generic driver. For example, most mice and keyboards use generic drivers. If you want to see a list of what drivers are currently installed, then you would list the “symbols” for those drivers. On a Jetson you could do this with:
zcat /proc/config.gz
…your PC probably does not enable that feature, but Jetsons do, so you can see configurations once you have the Jetson.

If the hardware requires a driver for a known chipset, then probably building a kernel module is all you need to do. If the hardware has a less known chipset, then you may have to have the source code from the vendor and compile this against the current kernel. This can require much more knowledge, depending on whether the source code is for this release of kernel or not (for kernel version, including on a PC, see “uname -r”).

The “user space” is any software you use with the hardware. For example, maybe a printer requires non-custom printing packages. This is easy, the “sudo apt-get install ...name...” does the job. Other software, not part of the generic Ubuntu, might require you to unpack the user space software somewhere. An example would be that perhaps a printer has a way to monitor ink cartridges, and the print itself is generic, but the monitor software is custom…you could end up with easily installed printing, but difficult to install ink level monitoring.

The graphics drivers are very specific for the Jetson. You never ever install a graphics driver for a PC on a Jetson. The flash software installs the correct version. For reference, the Nano is 64-bit ARM (arm64/aarch64/ARMv8-a), whereas a PC is some version of x86 (e.g., amd64, x86_64, depending on who wrote the docs). Installing a public “generic” graphics driver would probably end up with you having to flash the unit again to get graphics working.

The more “common” functions under Linux are surprisingly well rounded and equipped by default. Much of this you probably do not need to take any steps at all for it to work. However, beware that your monitor must be HDMI, and not VGA with an HDMI adapter. The video driver will demand automatic configuration, and VGA does not provide this.

1 Like

thanks for all, yes, i have a 24 inch full hd tv with hdmi, so she says the drivers and hardware installation the drivers looks for it all automatically and works properly. very nice then :).
Thanks for everything.