DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hello.

I am trying to evaluate if external PPS can be used to fsync all my cameras. In order to do this I did the dts changes and confirmed the pin from NVPPS not switching to gpio mode for providing PPS input externally - #7 by VickNV.

I see after dts changes and calling the correct mode, the NVPPS is going to gpio mode. I am using an Arduino to simulate a pps until i have the GPS in hand. I configured an out pin as a pwm and sending the signals. I tapped the wires and ground and I see the square pulse in CRO.
(P.S.: I got the cable harness connector without the wire so I did solder it myself.)

Now, I don’t see any frames coming in. I see 0 fps. So I wish to confirm if my pps is actually coming on my gpio pin. Hence can you provide a snippet code on how to read gpio in drive orin devkit from an application like camera application of driveworks. If I print the value in a loop, i can monitor if the toggle is happening.

Thanks!!
Jishnu

You can verify the PPS signal by checking the incremental counter ‘evt_nb’ in the events obtained from the NVPPS_GETEVENT IOCTL calls. This will help you confirm if the PPS signal is being detected by the GPIO pin on the DRIVE devkit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.