Reset AGX Xavier with SDK Manager

Hi,

I’m using SDK manager on a host Ubuntu computer to reset my Xavier board ( I want to reinstall OS and some jetson sdk components). The problem is that after the Jetson OS image is downloaded and finished flashing Jetson OS, my Xavier only shows a Nvidia logo on screen but no ubuntu setting pages after that.
I don’t understand the problem because the SDK manager said that the Jetson OS is successfully flashed but my Xavier is not working.

Here is the SDK manage logs

• 18:21:19 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : *** The target t186ref has been flashed successfully. ***
  • 18:21:19 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : Reset the board to boot from internal eMMC.
  • 18:21:19 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier :
  • 18:21:19 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : exec_command: sleep 20
  • 18:21:39 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : [ Component Install Finished Successfully ]
  • 18:21:39 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : [ 3.98 MB used. Disk Avail: 461.33 GB ]
  • 18:21:39 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : [ NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP Install took 5m38s ]
  • 18:21:39 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : command finished successfully
  • 18:21:39 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : install ‘Flash Jetson AGX Xavier’ success
  • 18:21:51 DEBUG : running command < [ lsusb | grep -c "0955:" -ne 1 ] >
  • 18:21:51 DEBUG : command terminated with error
  • 18:21:51 INFO : Only one nvidia device detected, as expected.
  • 18:21:51 DEBUG : running command < ip addr | grep 192.168.55.1 >
  • 18:21:51 DEBUG : command terminated with error
  • 18:21:51 ERROR : Could not connect to the target device. Verify that: 1. The device is connected to this host machine with a USB cable. 2. Ubuntu ‘System configuration wizard’ is completed on the device. 3. Jetson’s Ubuntu OS is up and running. 4. Jetson usb device mode service is started successfully. * See readme file in the auto-mounted “L4T-README” folder for more details.
  • 18:21:54 DEBUG : running command < [ lsusb | grep -c "0955:" -ne 1 ] >
  • 18:21:54 DEBUG : command terminated with error
  • 18:21:54 INFO : Only one nvidia device detected, as expected.
  • 18:21:54 DEBUG : running command < ip addr | grep 192.168.55.1 >
  • 18:21:54 DEBUG : command terminated with error
  • 18:21:54 ERROR : Could not connect to the target device. Verify that: 1. The device is connected to this host machine with a USB cable. 2. Ubuntu ‘System configuration wizard’ is completed on the device. 3. Jetson’s Ubuntu OS is up and running. 4. Jetson usb device mode service is started successfully. * See readme file in the auto-mounted “L4T-README” folder for more details.

Need to put Xavier into recovery mode.

1. Power down the device. If connected, remove the AC adapter from the device. The device must be powered OFF, and not in a suspend or sleep state.
  2. Connect the Type-C plug on the USB cable to the Recovery (USB Type-C) Port on the device and the other end to an available USB port on the host PC.
  3. Connect the power adapter to the device.
  4. Press and release the POWER button to power on device.
  5. Press and hold the FORCE RECOVERY button: while pressing the FORCE RECOVERY button, press and release the RESET button; wait two seconds and release the FORCE RECOVERY button.

Where is the force recovery button

Is this a full AGX Xavier dev kit? If it is, then it is the center of the three buttons on the side near the corner. The power button is closest to the corner, the reset button is furthest from the corner. Just hold it down while you tap the power on button, or tap the reset button. Then let go. Basically it is used like a “shift” key on a keyboard, and if active during power on or reset it results in recovery mode. Do beware that the Xavier dev kit uses the USB-C connector for flash and recovery mode.

No I am having Jetson Xavier nx. So, Where is the force recovery button in it?

Ok, the confusion is that this forum is for the AGX. There is a different forum for NX.

The recovery is actually a pin, conveniently next to a ground pin, and when shorted to ground, this is what the reset button is. Keep in mind there might be some different revisions of the carrier board, but see the button header J14 here:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3242/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/hw_setup.html

If you look very closely (and it is hard to see) there is actually a silkscreen label of each of those pins. Pin 1 is closest to the center of the carrier board, and pins 9 (the recovery pin) and 10 (a ground pin) are what need to be momentarily shorted while adding power or resetting power.