RTX 3050 Laptop freezes often when I switch Performance Mode on Ubuntu 20.04 (Hybrid)

Hi!
I first installed Ubuntu 18.04.06 LTS and had the same problems. Also a lot of hardware didn’t work in 18.04. I found it externally on the internet, but I decided to give up. Later, I found out that it does not support the kernel version and I had to upgrade to 20.04.
Currently only Bluetooth is not working but it doesn’t matter. The biggest problem right now is Nvidia GPU. I also installed the driver from the website, ppa (470-510) but it didn’t change. I tried many methods from forums but failed. When I switch to Nvidia “On-Demond” mode in Prime Profile, there is no problem, but this time AMD External CPU is used in my projects and it is insufficient. In summary, when I switch to Nvidia Performance mode, the system freezes, gets up from time to time, but freezes again.
Thanks in advance for your supports :)

Model: Asus ROG Strix G15 G513QC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050
This information taken it when I’m in Performance Mode
uname -r → 5.13.0-51-generic
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (368.7 KB)
nvidai1

I need help

The log didn’t yield anything. Is it possible to just return the notebook? I suspect it’s broken.

Since it’s an asus you’ll have to install Windows to get your money back.

I am using Dual Boot. I didn’t encounter any problems in Windows. This is NVIDIA On-Demond Mode
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (336.9 KB)

Hi There,

have you solve the problem ? currently I’m facing the same issue as yours on my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx with Ryzen 5 5600H and RTX 3050 (GA107M) on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS, it freeze every time I switch to performance mode, also it happen if I connect the HDMI port to external monitor, but it’s all normal in Windows 11 (I’m using 22H2 now)

hope someone can help
here’s my logs
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (445.2 KB)

Hey! This is probably a bug or something. Because I solved it like this; I first chose the automatic login instruction during the Ubuntu installation. Next, I chose the performance mode. Every time I open Ubuntu, I log out without wasting time. When I log in again, it doesn’t freeze. The problem disappears. But it still continues under normal conditions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.