Running a standalone example with GUI in docker container

Hi, I have successfully completed the first eight steps of the installation guide for Isaac Sim in the link below:https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/install_container.html. I am now trying to run my Python script, my_application.py , on a remote server using the steps provided in chapter 1.7 of the following page: https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/tutorial_core_hello_world.html. The script runs successfully without the GUI, but when I try to connect to the Omniverse streaming client, the process ends and I receive the following error message: ./python.sh: line 41: 13 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $python_exe “$@” $args
There was an error running python.
However, I am able to connect to the Omniverse streaming client normally when I run the Docker container with the following command:
-v /usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json:/etc/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json
-v/usr/share/vulkan/implicit_layer.d/nvidia_layers.json:/etc/vulkan/implicit_layer.d/nvidia_layers.json
-v /usr/share/glvnd/egl_vendor.d/10_nvidia.json:/usr/share/glvnd/egl_vendor.d/10_nvidia.json
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/ov:/root/.cache/ov:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/pip:/root/.cache/pip:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/glcache:/root/.cache/nvidia/GLCache:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/computecache:/root/.nv/ComputeCache:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/logs:/root/.nvidia-omniverse/logs:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/config:/root/.nvidia-omniverse/config:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/data:/root/.local/share/ov/data:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/documents:/root/Documents:rw
nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac-sim:2022.2.0
i.e. with isaac-sim:2022.2.0, I can connect to the omniverse streaming client normally.
I have also mounted the my_application.py file in my Docker container and added the following two lines of code to the script:
from omni.isaac.core.utils.extensions import enable_extension
enable_extension(“omni.kit.livestream.native”)
My question is, how can I connect to the Omniverse streaming client and watch the my_application.py script run in the GUI with ‘nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac-sim:2022.2.1’ instead of ‘nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac-sim:2022.2.0’?

Hi please try running the livestream.py script to test.
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/manual_standalone_python.html#livestream

Try running this:

docker run --name isaac-sim --entrypoint bash -it --gpus all -e “ACCEPT_EULA=Y” --rm --network=host
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/kit:/isaac-sim/kit/cache/Kit:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/ov:/root/.cache/ov:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/pip:/root/.cache/pip:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/glcache:/root/.cache/nvidia/GLCache:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/computecache:/root/.nv/ComputeCache:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/logs:/root/.nvidia-omniverse/logs:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/data:/root/.local/share/ov/data:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/documents:/root/Documents:rw
nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac-sim:2022.2.1 ./python.sh standalone_examples/api/omni.isaac.kit/livestream.py

Then connect using the Omniverse Streaming Client.

Let me know if this crashes.

Thank you for your reply.
I encounter the same crash when I try to connect using the Omniverse Streaming Client after conducting ./python.sh standalone_examples/api/omni.isaac.kit/livestream.py. with the docker image nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac-sim:2022.2.1
The message is still as follows:
./python.sh: line 41: 13 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $python_exe “$@” $args
There was an error running python

Thanks. I’ve reported a bug for this.
Tracking internally as OM-88516.

1 Like

@1410579259 Please try these steps as a patch:

1. Run:

docker run --name isaac-sim --entrypoint bash -it --gpus all -e “ACCEPT_EULA=Y” --rm --network=host \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/kit:/isaac-sim/kit/cache/Kit:rw \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/ov:/root/.cache/ov:rw \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/pip:/root/.cache/pip:rw \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/glcache:/root/.cache/nvidia/GLCache:rw \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/computecache:/root/.nv/ComputeCache:rw \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/logs:/root/.nvidia-omniverse/logs:rw \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/data:/root/.local/share/ov/data:rw \ -v ~/docker/isaac-sim/documents:/root/Documents:rw \ nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac-sim:2022.2.1

1. Edit omni.isaac.sim.python.kit in the /apps folder.
    In line # 550, change to:

“omni.isaac.quadruped” = {order = 10}

1. Run:

./python.sh standalone_examples/api/omni.isaac.kit/livestream.py

1. Connect Streaming Client.

Thanks for your help!
I successfully connected the Streaming Client with the provided patch. However, when I run some other standalone examples, once I try to connect the Streaming Client, the same crash occurs as before.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.