Running caffeMNIST on desktop GPU

Hello,

I need to run caffeMNIST app on desktop GPU as the app is not supported on Jetson GPU as clarified by NVIDA previously. Since the apps can be run using deepstream app -c command as mentioned in the manuals and online, in absence of deepstream on desktop, how can I successfully run the app?
Any lead would be appreciated.

What is the caffeMNIST app?

BTW, may I know if you can run the test1 demo successfully?
Also you can refer [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1057411/deepstream-for-tesla/reference-app-caffemnist-running-deepstream-container-/?offset=7#5372773[/url]

Yes I could successfully run test1. CaffeMNIST is one of the reference app of NVIDIA for handwritten digits recognition use case. Please refer the link below

[url]https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_reference_apps/tree/master/CaffeMNIST[/url]

As suggested by NVIDIA on another thread, this is only supported on desktop GPU so I am trying to run it on that. I have installed desktop version of DS4. Would let you know in case I face any issue further.

I installed all the pre-requisits including CUDA and TRT for DS4 installation on Desktop GPU using TAR file.

While running config file source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8 using command deepstream-app -c I am getting following error:

Error: Could not get cuda device count (cudaErrorNoDevice)
Failed to parse group property
** ERROR: <gst_nvinfer_parse_config_file:943>: failed
Unable to set device in gst_nvstreammux_change_state
** ERROR: <main:651>: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED
Quitting

Can anyone please guide me through this?

Seems there is some issue related to your setup on desktop, pls refer DeepStream FAQ

Can it be a GPU issue? My desktop has Intel VGA controller and NVIDIA 3D controller active, however, if I try to switch from Intel to NVIDIA it’s still showing Intel as active graphics card.

Could you help to check if you setup correctly following the link I posted before, also to check if your GPU can support DS 4.0?

Yes probably the supported GPU platform is not available on my device. It has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti mobile. Please let me know if I am wrong.

DS4.0 cannot run on GTX 1050, you can refer DeepStream Development Guide to find which GPU card can be used.

Suggest try TRT samples first before trying DS 4.0"