Sample DNNs for AMPERE-based host GPU

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other (1.6.08170)

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello,

we have a Drive AGX development kit and want to use it with an ampere based GPU (RTX3060) on the host PC.
Unfortunately, in the folder with the models we do not have a binarized version for this architecture…

Is it possible to create it ourselves? And how?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @chris.r ,

As you can see in “NVIDIA DRIVE Platform Prerequisites” section in the page, DriveWorks 2.2 (part of DRIVE Software 10.0) supports only Pascal, Volta or Turing based GPU. Per this page, DriveWorks 3.5 supports Volta or Turing based GPU.

Unfortunately you cannot regenerate them for Ampere based GPU.

Ampere based GPUs will be available afterwards. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your reply. We hope that the Ampere architecture will be supported soon…

Any update on when Ampere architecture will be supported?

Hi @sleff ,

Please check such schedule question with your nvidia rep. Thanks.

I asked a few of our nvidia contacts but nobody seems to know. Can you point me to someone perhaps via private message?

This is now a serious problem because laptops with Turing GPUs are no longer available in my region, and we have already purchased laptops with Ampere GPU.

If the next version of DriveWorks is not yet ready to be released, perhaps it is possible for NVIDIA to provide just the rebuilt models as a temporary workaround?

Dear @sleff,
could you please check PM.

Hi @VickNV , could you please confirm that this is still the case?

Yes, that’s still the case.

Thank you @VickNV

Current topic is about DRIVE Software 10.0.

Will Ampere support be in DRIVE Software 10.1, 11.0, or something else?

I’ll send you a personal message for you to discuss with your NVIDIA rep. Thanks.

Hi @sleff,

Sorry for confusing you with my post.

At that time, I meant it will be supported in future Orin releases.
Because DRIVE Software 11 was canceled and I was not sure if the DNNs for Orin will be available to devzone developers, I asked you to discuss it with your nvidia rep.

I should clearly mention releases for DRIVE AGX Orin then. Let me know if anything still needs my clarification.