SDK Manager - OpenCV Cuda support

Using latest SDK manager to install CUDA and OpenCV, but OpenCV does not appear to have CUDA support. Am I doing something wrong??? SURELY SDK manager should install opencv with cuda support???

CUDA is 10.0
OpenCV is 3.3.1

but from cv::getBuildInformation…

Other third-party libraries:
Use Intel IPP: NO
Use Intel IPP IW: NO
Use VA: NO
Use Intel VA-API/OpenCL: NO
Use Lapack: NO
Use Eigen: YES (ver 3.3.4)
Use Cuda: NO
Use OpenCL: NO
Use OpenVX: NO
Use custom HAL: YES (carotene (ver 0.0.1))

Hi peter.hawkin,

Please try with the recently release JetPack 4.2.1 through SDK manager.

Thanks

I have just tried this and it still does not compile opencv code which uses the cuda namespace.

Why did you make this suggestion - do you know for user that the opencv version installed by nvidiasdk is now compiled with CUDA?

Peter

Hi,

Our official OpenCV package does support CUDA. The release in each JetPack does.
But there are some third-party libraries are not enabled inside the package due to license issue, ex. GStreamer.

May I know the exact issue you meet in detail?

Thanks.

If the standard install of OpenCV from SDK manager installs a cuda version of OpenCV, then why does getBuildInformation say that cuda is not supported? (see my original post).

I found a few links on the web supporting my theory that SDKmanager does not install a cuda-build of OpenCV and some workarounds.

To answer your question, as a first step it would be good if cv::getBuildInformation showed Use Cuda: YES

thanks,

Peter

according to the thread 1063091:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1063091/jetson-agx-xavier/opencv-cuda-/

sdkmanager installed opencv package does not support CUDA.

Please try to build the opencv + cuda from source.

https://github.com/AastaNV/JEP/tree/master/script

I encountered the same issue while flashing through JetPack 4.3. Moreover and specifically the JetPack installed OpenCV is for Python 2.* rather than Python 3.* which soon is deprecating.

Same here!

• NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier
    • Jetpack 4.3 [L4T 32.3.1]
    • CUDA GPU architecture 7.2
    • NV Fan Mode:quiet - Type: NV Power Mode: MAXN
  • Libraries:
    • CUDA 10.0.326
    • cuDNN 7.6.3.28-1+cuda10.0
    • TensorRT 6.0.1.10-1+cuda10.0
    • Visionworks 1.6.0.500n
    • OpenCV NOT_INSTALLED compiled CUDA: NO
  • Jetson Performance: active

It definitely should install cuda enabled OpenCV.