Installin CUDA on Jetson Xavier Manually

I am installing CUDA manually on my Jetson Xavier due to conflicts with OpenCV’s ability to run with CUDA after being installed from sdkmanager. After encountering many troubles with installing CUDA for ARM64 architectures, I have now gotten to the point at which I can run:

sudo apt-get -y install cuda

However when I do, I get an error code and it fails to install:

Errors were encountered while processing:
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-ajkx61/43-libnvidia-compute-435_435.17.01-0ubuntu1_arm64.deb
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-ajkx61/47-libnvidia-gl-435_435.17.01-0ubuntu1_arm64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

If I try to fix this by running:

sudo apt-get -y --fix-broken install

I get the same error with the same files.

Hi @mff745,

What conflicts were you facing? OpenCV that is installed through the SDK Manager does not include support for CUDA, so if you try to use OpenCV cuda wrapper with the default version you will find errors.

I suggest flash the board with default Cuda library and then follow the steps at this guide: Install OpenCV with CUDA support on Jetson Boards - RidgeRun Developer Wiki

Regards,
Fabian
www.ridgerun.com

Thanks for your reply, I have now resolved the installing of OpenCV with CUDA enabled on the Jetson. My only challenge now is to get it to install it whilst recognizing the cuDNN installed. As it returns the error that the version found is unsuitable. Which should be the pjne installed from SDK Manager.