Single rendering call

Hi there,
I have a question for you.
When I launch isaac from a python script I can step the engine (both physics and rendering), I can advance only the physics or I can call a render step.

However, for path tracing more than one render() call are required to get all the ssp done, i.e. when I call render I go from 1/64 to 2/64. The rendering is complete when I call render 64 times to get 64/64.
When using rtx instead a rendering step last rendering_dt seconds. However, for complex scenes the FPS for RTX might be well above that rendering_dt (eg. half a second) causing the necessity of calling rendering several times up to when this FPS is met.

However, this causes two issues.

1. Already at the second render step the motion vector is all zeros since it probably use the last rendered image to compute it
  2. it is a bit counter-intuitive to call rendering 64 times or multiple times in case of the RTX

Is there any single call available that would avoid me looping the rendering and allow me to automatically save the step 1) and that works for all the rendering engines? Or is this planned?

Hi - Sorry for the delay in the response. Let us know if you still having this issue/question with the latest Isaac Sim 2022.2.1 release.

Hey, no problem. I just looked at the documentation and it seems that to render the viewports there is still only simulation_context.render()/step(). Am I right?

1 Like