Solidworks Visualize 2020 won't load vMaterials 1.7 textures

After updating to vMaterials 1.7 Solidworks Visualize 2020 fails to load any texture from vMaterials I tested with the exception of textured plastic, SolidworksVisualize - iray.log shows “Unable to resolve file path” messages. Tried removing vMaterials altogether and clean install but problem persists. Checked that textures do indeed exist in directory specified in mdl file.
Downgrade to 1.6 fixes issues.

Sample of warnings from Visualize:

[109.7] MDLC:COMPILER 1.0 MDLC comp warn : C:\Users\kkowa\Documents\mdl\nvidia\vMaterials\AEC\Metal\Metal_Aged_Disc_Mosaic.mdl(113,222): strict relative file path contains too many directory names ‘…’
[109.7] MDLC:COMPILER 1.0 MDLC comp warn : C:\Users\kkowa\Documents\mdl\nvidia\vMaterials\AEC\Metal\Metal_Aged_Disc_Mosaic.mdl(113,222): Unable to resolve file path ‘…/textures/metal_pennymosaic_roughness.png’
[109.7] MDLC:COMPILER 1.0 MDLC comp warn : C:\Users\kkowa\Documents\mdl\nvidia\vMaterials\AEC\Metal\Metal_Aged_Disc_Mosaic.mdl(123,72): strict relative file path contains too many directory names ‘…’
[109.7] MDLC:COMPILER 1.0 MDLC comp warn : C:\Users\kkowa\Documents\mdl\nvidia\vMaterials\AEC\Metal\Metal_Aged_Disc_Mosaic.mdl(123,72): Unable to resolve file path ‘…/textures/metal_pennymosaic_normal.png’

Similar problem here: Visualize 2019 doesn’t load vMaterials 2.0.
I will download the 1.6 materials now and try these.

@Benutzer4618, do you see any specific error message(s) pop up?
I have been testing with Visualize 2021 (I don’t have 2019 at hand) and could confirm that rendering of vMAterials 2.0 is fine. If you have more detailed information for us, please let us know though.

When I import an 2.0 material (chromium sheet for example) into Visualize 2019, the error message is: 'The module “Chromium_Sheet” was not found or failed to compile.
I can import vmaterial 1.6, but I cannot apply them. When I drag it on a surface in Visualize, the surface disappears.
I think Visualize 2019 is not compatible with vmaterials.

@Benutzer4618, it may well be that the MDL version used in vMaterials is newer than that what Visualize 2019 is supporting. Did you already update Visualize with the service pack 2019 sp5.0? There is a chance that this might get you going.

With regards to vMaterials 2.0, we located some issues that indeed cause troubles with this newest version of our material catalog. We have contacted the Solidworks Developers to get that fixed in a future update of Visualize 2022. Tough we can’t make any promises here, we expect the fixes to be in the first service pack of Visualize 2022.

The module “xxx” was not found or failed to compile, I’m also have this problem in visualize 2022, I used vMaterials 1.7 ~ 2.1, failed all. Alse I changed visualize 2022 to 2021 sp5, not work too.
Failed Message is rendering_configuration->add_mdl_path fail.