Strange bug in Photoshop using Nvidia Quadro K5000 on Mac

Hello everyone,

My apologies if this isn’t the correct forum to post this topic (I Googled to see if there was a dedicated Quadro forum and found my way to this board), but I’m looking to troubleshoot a strange error I’m getting using Photoshop while running my Quadro K5000.

I’m a longtime user of Photoshop, currently running Photoshop CC 2014 on a Mac Pro (mid 2010, 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon with 64 GB RAM and an NVIDIA Quadro K5000 graphics card) running OS X El Capitan v10.11.3. I also do all of my work off of SSD drives (and use SSD drives as my scratch disks).

I recently updated to El Capitan v10.11.3 and also then updated my CUDA driver (to Version 7.5.25) and my Nvidia Web Driver (to v346.03.05f01).

Since then, I’ve been running into a strange bug while using the paintbrush tool. I’ll do my best to describe it – when I’m painting on an existing layer, I get a strange series of pixellated lines and squares as I paint – and when I use the brush to ‘cover’ these squares, they disappear. When I resize, these squares and lines disappear (they do not appear to be part of my actual file, but they make it impossible, obviously, to work using the painting tools).

I’ve posted a quick video I shot with my iPhone off the screen showing the issue I’m having:

https://vimeo.com/153296232

Would really appreciate any troubleshooting ideas anyone might have (or, if this needs to be reposted in a different forum, please help point me in the right direction). I’d love to get in touch with Nvidia about the issue as well, but there doesn’t seem to be a decent email address on the site for support.

Thanks so much for reading and hope all is well!