Tearing effect appear when play video on the jetson nano

The screen appear tearing when i use “DISPLAY=:0 gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=outputCombine.mp4 ! qtdemux! queue ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! videoconvert ! nv3dsink -e” to play the video

According to Need help fixing vsync tearing with dual screen OpenGL (HDMI + DisplayPort) - #20 by SideWheelie
Option "ForceCompositionPipeline " “on”
Could stop the tearing, but drop the frame
Option “TripleBuffer” “on”
It seems not work, and I can not find there is an extension named EGL_NV_triple_buffer by nvidia-settings tool.

Do I need to use dual monitor for this case?

No, I could reproduce it just with a singla monitor

Please use nvvidconv instead of videoconvert.

DISPLAY=:0 gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=outputCombine.mp4 ! qtdemux! queue ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! nvvidconv ! nv3dsink -e

videoconvert is sw converter so the performance is not good as nvvidconv. Also, did you rub nvpmodel mode 0 and jetson_clocks?

I have done as you said, it still reproduce. Is there any method I could enable triple buffer feature on the jetson nano?

Let us directly try your usecase. Please tell us what is your jetpack version.

We tried to reporoduce your issue.

command 1. $ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=outputCombine.mp4 ! qtdemux! queue ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! .nv3dsink -e

command 2 $ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=outputCombine.mp4 ! qtdemux! queue ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! videoconvert ! nv3dsink -e

Both commands work fine on my side without tearing. I don’t configure anything in xorg.0.conf but just enable the jetson clock.

We use the R32.4.2. How to check if the jetson clock is enable or not?
Yes, there is no tearing effect when i use official R32.4.2.
Sometimes the frame drops with the official R32.4.2. It will be smooth after reboot.

If tegrastats gives you all the clock is at the maximum frequency, then jetson clock is running.

We choice the xfce4 + nodm to construct the system for the best performance. We disable the composition for xfwm4 which cause the tearing.