Tegra Android Development Pack 2.0 Available (w/ Nsight Tegra preview)

The Tegra Android Development Pack(TADP) is the perfect companion for developing native Android applications, installing all of the software tools required to optimize for NVIDIA’s Tegra platform.

TADP 2.0 allows you to pick and choose the tools you want to install, from the Android SDK to Tegra Android Operating System images, all dynamically, minimizing the time you spend hunting for the right software versions and downloading files. Choose between Express, Complete or Custom installations to tailor the development environment to your specific needs.

This release includes the preview release of Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition, bringing the raw development power and efficiency of Microsoft Visual Studio to Android, giving you the right tools for the job. Flexible project management, accelerated compilation and integrated debugging, no need to massage makefiles and shell scripts, no voodoo magic or arcane incantations required. It also includes an updated PerfHUD ES 1.9.7, which includes numerous accuracy, performance and stability enhancements. To learn more, check out the PerfHUD ES homepage. See below for a complete list of updates to TADP 2.0.

To download TADP 2.0, you must be a member of the Tegra Registered Developer Program (https://developer.nvidia.com/tegra-registered-developer-program). To join simply create a new account (it’s free and easy) and then visit http://developer.nvidia.com/develop4tegra or the Tegra Resources http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra-resources page.

TEGRA ANDROID DEVELOPER PACK 2.0

Android Development:

• Android SDK r18 Android APIs Google USB Driver Android NDK r8 JDK 6u24 Cygwin 1.7 Eclipse 3.7.1 CDT 8.0.0 ADT 18.0.0 Apache Ant 1.8.2 Python 2.7

Tegra Libraries and Tools:

• Nsight Tegra 1.0, Visual Studio Edition [Windows Only] NVIDIA Debug Manager for Eclipse 12.0.1 PerfHUD ES 1.9.7 Tegra Profiler 1.0 Perf for Tegra OpenCV for Tegra 2.4.2

Tegra Samples, Docs and OS Images

• Tegra SDK Samples Tegra SDK Documentation Tegra Android OS Images for Cardhu, Ventana and Enterprise development kits

Enjoy!

Jones/

@nvidiajones

when i install [Nsight Tegra 1.0, Visual Studio Edition], An error1001 occurred.

My System is: Windows7sp1 x64
Visutal Studio install on N:\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

Hi roxtu - this is a known problem with the Nsight Tegra install.

Visual Studio needs to be on the C:\ drive.

We will have this addressed for the next release.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Jones//
@nvidiajones

Hi, the installer fails to download the jdk, other tools fails to download too.

can you tell me more about your setup? what platform? what errors are you seeing?

For some reason I can not download the Dev Pack 2.0. The site https://developer.nvidia.com/develop-tegra sends me to an empty download for Windows.

Same here, was not able to download either the OSx or the Windows version :( Windows version give me an empty download page ( no file to download ) OSx version give me a link that end to a 404.

Any chance you can fix that quickly ? I need to try all the cool debugging feature on my new nexus 7 :).

Thanks !

Seems the download was fixed, it worked for me now.
Happy to take a look now

Hey guys - we had some website issues over the weekend that broke the downloads.

Everything should be back up and working at this point - sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi,

i am using the TADP 2.0 on my windows machine, but have problems getting it to install on my macbook. it always says its missing Java, yet the most up to date JDK is installed and working. I’m running MacOS X 10.8.2

Thanks for any hints
pettersson

Hi,

I managed to get it installed on my Macbook by myself now. The “trick” was to use /usr/libexec/java_home to set the correct Java version (1.6). I also exported JAVA_HOME using the .bash_profile. After doing so, I was able to install TADP 2.0 from a terminal. I also installed the binary directly, not using the .app File.

Maybe this will be helpful for more users

pettersson

hpw i dowload

sry…how to dowload this program??

I currently have the version 1 installed on a Windows 7 PC.

Do I need to uninstall everything before I install the new version 2?

Hi All - the download issue has been fixed.

Yes – I would recommend uninstalling before installing the new version.

Cheers!

Installed the latest version. However, when I tried to build the auto generated sample app, HelloWorld, I got the following build error message:

1> -dex:
1> [dex] input: C:\Perforce\ywu_TWu\sandbox\AdvancedTechnologies\Android1\Android1\Tegra-Android\Debug\bin\classes
1> [dex] input: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\support\annotations.jar
1> [dex] Pre-Dexing C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\support\annotations.jar → annotations-6865d278797e29f45d2d74a7ff3c20f6.jar
1> [dx] Could not create the Java virtual machine.
1> [dx] Error occurred during initialization of VM
1> [dx] Could not reserve enough space for object heap
1>
1> BUILD FAILED
1> C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:892: The following error occurred while executing this line:
1> C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:894: The following error occurred while executing this line:
1> C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:906: The following error occurred while executing this line:
1> C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:284: null returned: 1
1>
1> Total time: 4 seconds
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.Cpp.Tegra-Android.Generics.targets(97,5): error MSB6006: “ant.bat” exited with code 1.
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>

I didn’t have this problem when using the older version of the Nsight with VisualStudio 2010.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

It’s an Ant/JDK issue which sometimes happen and usually depends on the amount of the available RAM. You could try installing 64-bit JDK or modifying JVM heap sizes in project properties on the Ant Build General page.

Thanks for the suggestions and still need help.

I actually have 64-bit JDK installed on my machine. I increased the heap size to 2048MB (initial)
and 4096MB (max). Still have problem. Here is the error I got:

1> -dex:
1> [dex] input: C:\Perforce\ywu_TWu\sandbox\AdvancedTechnologies\Android1\Android1\Tegra-Android\Debug\bin\classes
1> [dex] input: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\support\annotations.jar
1> [dex] Pre-Dexing C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\support\annotations.jar → annotations-6865d278797e29f45d2d74a7ff3c20f6.jar
1> [dx] Error occurred during initialization of VM
1> [dx] Could not reserve enough space for object heap
1> [dx] Could not create the Java virtual machine.
1>
1> BUILD FAILED

You may want to try and set it lower than the default values - something around 256MB, for example. Trying a 32bit JDK if you have 64bit installed is worth a shot as well. We haven’t been able to find a robust way to fix this error, so I’m afraid you just have to try out various combinations to find the one that works on your machine.

In case anyone has similar problems, here is my fix:

Go to Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced(tab)->Environment Variables->System Variables->New:
Variable name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
Variable value: -Xmx512M

With this fix, I can now build the sample apps.

However, I’m still having problem starting the NDK debugger, here is the error I got:

NDK: GdbServerReceiver: run-as: Package ‘com.example.xxxandroid’ is unknown
NDK: Gdbserver not started properly
NDK: Launch error: Failed to connect to remote VM

Any suggestions?