Tensorflow 2.x not installing on Jetpack 4.3

I am trying to install tensorflow 2.1.0 on jetpack 4.3, but it keeps throwing errors. First, I got the same error as this, and used the moderator solution at the bottom, which meant running:
$ sudo pip3 install -U pip==20.2.4
$ sudo apt-get install libhdf5-serial-dev hdf5-tools libhdf5-dev zlib1g-dev zip libjpeg8-
$ sudo ln -s /usr/include/locale.h /usr/include/xlocale.h
$ sudo pip3 install numpy grpcio absl-py py-cpuinfo psutil portpicker six mock requests gast h5py astor termcolor protobuf keras-applications keras-preprocessing wrapt google-pasta
$ sudo pip3 install --pre --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v43 tensorflow
The last command in this installation fails saying that:
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip install --ignore-installed --no-user --prefix /tmp/pip-build-env-ckqhov43/overlay --no-warn-script-location --no-binary :none: --only-binary :none: -i Simple index --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v43 --pre – wheel setuptools ‘Cython>=0.29.13’ ‘numpy==1.13.3; python_version==’“'”‘3.5’“'”’ and platform_system!=‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘numpy==1.13.3; python_version==’“'”‘3.6’“'”’ and platform_system!=‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘numpy==1.14.5; python_version==’“'”‘3.7’“'”’ and platform_system!=‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘numpy==1.17.3; python_version>=’“'”‘3.8’“'”’ and platform_system!=‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘numpy==1.16.0; python_version==’“'”‘3.5’“'”’ and platform_system==‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘numpy==1.16.0; python_version==’“'”‘3.6’“'”’ and platform_system==‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘numpy==1.16.0; python_version==’“'”‘3.7’“'”’ and platform_system==‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘numpy==1.17.3; python_version>=’“'”‘3.8’“'”’ and platform_system==‘"’“‘AIX’”‘"’’ ‘pybind11>=2.4.0’ Check the logs for full command output.
(Most of the output was removed due to the size (it spans hundreds of lines of errors))
Please help!

Hi,

Which setuptools version do you use?
Could you run below command and try the installation again?

$ sudo pip3 install setuptools==49.6.0

If this doesn’t work, could you attach the complete log with us?
(You can share it via attaching a log file)

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.