Hello
I have a windows server 2019 with NVIDIA Tesla T4 GPU
but I am not able to get GPU work via RDP unfortunately
I have enabled everything mentioned in this article :

but still not working
I hope you help me
thank you

Hi

I’m assuming you’ve licensed the GPU and are using the correct vGPU driver. Which hypervisor are you using and which vGPU Profile have you allocated?

You’ll want to change Protocol to a better one, RDP isn’t sufficient. PCoIP, HDX, Blast, TGX, RGS or another high-end Protocol.

This is a better guide to getting started: Quick Start Guide :: NVIDIA Virtual GPU Software Documentation More advanced / complete documentation is available if needed on the same Site.

Hope that helps

Regards

MG

Hi,

Same question here but with an A30 on Windows Server 2016. I don’t want nor have any virtualization software. But I just want Hardware acceleration to be accessible via RDP session as mentionned in the link of sales5 and as I was doing with a previous GeForce GPU.
Why do you talk about vGPU?

Manu thanks,

No way with A30. This GPU is not meant for WDDM. Only supports TCC (Compute).

regards
Simon

Hello,
I have similar question about Windows Server 2019 with Tesla T4. The PC contains Tesla T4 and Matrox G200e (on-board) only.
When I use Tesla T4 by WDDM mode via Microsoft Remote Desktop, do I need a virtual machine such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V, not only GRID license?
Regards
Ichiro

Hi!
Had the similar problem. Found the solution in the Azure docs:

“only NVIDIA GRID drivers support GPU acceleration for most apps and the Windows user interface. NVIDIA CUDA drivers don’t support GPU acceleration for these VM sizes”

So the reason is that standard drivers do not support virtual environments. You need to install GRID drivers.
I did not understand which version of GRID drivers I need to download from Nvidia website as they don’t have T4 option for GRID drivers there.

So I used those that Microsoft distributes and that worked:

Maybe colleagues here will help to find a better way to download right GRID drivers from Nvidia website.

Regards,
Alexey