Troubles getting Deepstream Composer installed with RTX3060

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Jetson Orin NX 8GB w/ Seeed J401 carrier board, RTX3060 12GB
• DeepStream Version
Latest
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
5.1.2 (max supported by carrier board)
• TensorRT Version
Whatever works
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
Whatever works
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
I want to install Deepstream with Graph Composer so I can start building CV workflows correctly (Dusty’s Jetson Inference library will only get you so far). This issue is that I cannot get DeepStream and Composer installed correctly for the life of me. The instructions are very poorly written, with MANY gotcha’s, and inconsistencies.

I want to use my desktop with the RTX3060 to create CV workflows with Composer for my Jetson devices (Orin NX 8GB, original Nano, and potentially Orin AGX 64GB later).

My main system is a desktop with an RTX3060 12GB. I can install any OS needed. I have tried Ubuntu 20.04LTS and that failed with many issues. Ubuntu 22.04LTS got further, but still I cannot get Composer working. I believe it has to do with drivers and the inability to install them due to an X windows system running (which is standard for Ubuntu and no instructions how to work around it, killing the process as suggested in the documentation simply kills the entire GUI and does not result in going into a headless terminal, making it basically useless).

What recommendations are there for a more clear method of getting Composer working on a fresh system with an RTX3060?

Thanks.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Seems the RTX 3060 does not support X11 well. Can you change to RTX3070?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.