Trtexec --layerPrecision and --precisionConstraints not respected when converting onnx model

Description

Hello,

I am trying to convert an .onnx model to a fp16 .engine using the below command:

trtexec --onnx=-beit-base-patch16-224.onnx --fp16 --saveEngine=model.engine --minShapes=\'pixel_values\':1x3x224x224 --optShapes=\'pixel_values\':8x3x224x224 --maxShapes=\'pixel_values\':8x3x224x224 --precisionConstraints=obey --layerPrecisions=/beit/embeddings/patch_embeddings/projection/Conv:fp32

The engine is build as expected when using fp32, however when the --fp16 flag is set, the below warnings appear and cause model outputs to be wrong:

Even when setting the --precisionConstraints=obey and layerPrecisions=/beit/embeddings/patch_embeddings/projection/Conv:fp32 or layerPrecisions=/beit/embeddings/patch_embeddings/projection/Conv.weight:fp32 the weights are still cast to fp16 causing a bad model conversion.

Am I doing something wrong or is there any way to fix the above issue?

ONNX model link: Download | file.io

(Using the Deepstream 6.1.1 docker image)

Thanks!

Environment

TensorRT Version:
GPU Type:
RTX 3050TI
Nvidia Driver Version:
CUDA Version:
CUDNN Version:

Operating System + Version:
Python Version (if applicable):
TensorFlow Version (if applicable):
PyTorch Version (if applicable):
Baremetal or Container (if container which image + tag):

Relevant Files

Please attach or include links to any models, data, files, or scripts necessary to reproduce your issue. (Github repo, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)

Steps To Reproduce

Please include:

• Exact steps/commands to build your repro
  • Exact steps/commands to run your repro
  • Full traceback of errors encountered

Hi,

Please see the related post for more information.

Could you please try on the latest TensorRT version 8.5.3 and let us know if you still face this issue.

Thank you.

8.5.3 works as expected - thanks.

As a suggestion (if at all possible), it would be convenient to have a flag to automatically avoid casting layers to fp16 if they get clamped eg. --avoid-clamp

Currently I have ~20 layers that get clamped and I have to explicitly set all of them in --layerPrecision to avoid FP16 clamping.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.