I am consistently crashing Create, and I do not know why. I am running on an RTX 3070 Laptop w/ 8GB GPU Memory.
I am able to launch Create – all appears normal. I then try to create a simple physics scene with two blocks.
Here is a sample series of commands, with results:
- create/Physics/groundplane – a plane appears
- /create/shapes/cube – a cube appears. I drag it above the ground plane
- Press Play – warning appears to add a Physics Scene, as expected
- Create/Physics/Physics Scene – a PhysicsScene object appears in the Stage, as expected
- Click ZeroGravity Icon – Zero Gravity Menu appears in Viewport, as expected
- Just to be sure, I select the cube and move it around a little. It works fine.
- Select CollisionMesh or GroundPlane by clicking on it and click “Set Static Marker” in Zero Gravity Menu. Ok so far?
- Select Cube and move it around. It penetrates ground plane. I suppose this is correct, since I haven’t given the Cube any physics properties yet. (?)
- Select Cube and “Set Dynamic Marker” using the ZeroGravity Menu.
- Now I am unable to move the cube. I can select it but not move it.
- If I unselect ZeroGravity, I am able to move the cube again. Is this normal?
- Reselect Zero Gravity. Press Play. Nothing happens even though the cube is above the plane. Why doesn’t it fall?
- I clear the markers from the cube. I can select and drag it now. But why?
- I “Set Dynamic Marker” on the cube again. It is immobile. If I try to drag it, the xyz indicator snaps back to the cube. Press Play. Nothing happens.
If I keep playing around, the Create GUI usually crashes. What am I doing wrong? This is as simple as I can make it. Does anyone have a suggestion?