TX2 NX Pinmux Generator Tested?

Hello everyone,
I know I recently made another closely related question about the pinmux generator.
I’d like to know if the generated pinmux.dtsi and gpio.dtsi has been tested successfully by Nvidia on any devkit corresponding to the TX2 NX board (by including said dtsi files in the corresponding dts).

I’m asking this mainly because of the following reasons:

1. I don’t see any reference to the generated items in tegra186-p3636-0001-p3509-0000-a01.dts
  2. I don’t have a devkit and so I cannot test this myself

Best Regards,
Juan Pablo.

hello juan.tettamanti,

I’m not fully understand your question,
since it’s device tree used to define hardware specific settings, you’ll see new dtsi files for TX2 NX platform, i.e. p3636
for example,
there’s default device tree sources for TX2 NX,
$L4T_Sources/r32.5.1/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/lanai/kernel-dts/tegra186-p3636-0001-p3509-0000-a01.dts

Hello @JerryChang,
I know you have the default device tree tegra186-p3636-0001-p3509-0000-a01.dts.

I’m asking whether someone has successfully used the dtsi files generated by the pinmux generator spreadsheet to customize their TX2 NX board.

An equivalent question to that is whether Nvidia has tested this dtsi files by placing the default (devkit) configuration in the pinmux generator spreadsheet, then including the generated dtsi files in a modified tegra186-p3636-0001-p3509-0000-a01.dts, used said file to generate a new dtb and boot the board with that.

Since I’ve already run into some trouble where you have to correct the header used in the generated gpio.dtsi file, I wonder whether the pinmux.dtsi file is working or not.

gpio_sen3_pv3 {
			nvidia,pins = "gpio_sen3_pv3";
			nvidia,function = "spi2";
			nvidia,pull = <TEGRA_PIN_PULL_DOWN>;
			nvidia,tristate = <TEGRA_PIN_DISABLE>;
			nvidia,enable-input = <TEGRA_PIN_DISABLE>;
			nvidia,lpdr = <TEGRA_PIN_DISABLE>;
		};

sdmmc4_clk {
			nvidia,pins = "sdmmc4_clk";
			nvidia,function = "sdmmc4";
			nvidia,pull = <TEGRA_PIN_PULL_NONE>;
			nvidia,tristate = <TEGRA_PIN_DISABLE>;
			nvidia,enable-input = <TEGRA_PIN_ENABLE>;
		};

If you could confirm this part has already been tested to work on the TX2 NX, then that’s fine.
If it has not been tested or has been tested and requires some corrections, please let me know.
Either way the answer will be of help.

Best Regards,
Juan Pablo.

hello juan.tettamanti,

we had test flashing the board with the pinmux generated files, and it’s work as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.