Ubuntu 20.04 on Nano?

Ubuntu 20.04 on Nano?

1 Like

Hi OnnikZ,

To run the Ubuntu 20.04 on Jetson Nano is currently not supported by NVIDIA, but your can refer to the custom build by developer:

2 Likes

Hello,

I am using ubuntu 18.04 on the flashing host (host pc). I’ve been flashing the target board without any problem, is there any problem if I upgrade to 20.04?

Thank you.

We don’t support Ubuntu 20.04 yet, customer need to resolved issues which delivered from Ubuntu 20.04 by themselves.

1 Like

Good evening, is there any update on this Ubuntu 20.04. Im about to start a project and ideally would love to start in the latest version. Thank you in advance.

4 Likes

When will Jetson Nano support Ubuntu 20.04? Because Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo) is already out.

1 Like

We do not plan for kernel and Ubuntu upgrade for JetPack 4 codeline and hence Jetson Nano and Jetson TX2 which will remain with JetPack 4 codeline, will not get the kernel and ubuntu upgrades. However, we will continue supporting Jetson Nano and Jetson TX2 on JetPack 4 codeline by making periodic releases containing critical bug fixes and security updates.

See also: Jetson Software Roadmap for 2H-2021 and 2022 - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Thanks for letting me know that Jetson Nano is dead end for development.

4 Likes

Ubuntu sucks. That the devs chose it for their main distribution is neither the worst nor the best decision. Ubuntu has too much commercial influence and since 19.10 each release has been terrible. Ubuntu complicates over Debian so it’s surprising they chose it over Debian. On the other hand Debian is too philosophical to be easy to use. This is exactly why they should have chosen MX Linux because it really is the best Linux distribution is #1 for a number of reasons; includes the perfect balance of packages vis-a-vis cutting edge and stable. It’s so good they should stop deving on it right now and port everything to MX which will make maintaining their Jet SDK much easier, and performance and sales of jetson nano will go through the roof. It is the only Debian based distribution worth using; I’ve used them all. Ubuntu is too cutting edge for nvidia devs, it ain’t easy to maintain their SDK on that platform which is why they should ditch it immediately. Fools use Ubuntu, respectable people use MX.

Nvidia is a giant corporation and the Jetsons are intended for robotics amongst other potentially mission critical use cases, and you want them to use a fringe Linux distribution??

1 Like

Fringe?, It’s held #1 position on distrowatch for 2 years, overtaking every other distro/respin. Clearly you are out of touch with Linux. Also it’s a development platform specializing in AI which is far broader than robotics. Ubuntu is the Fringe and more then that it has become garbage, even those slightly in touch with Linux know this. The last decent Ubuntu distro was 18.04 or18.10. Everything since then is absolute trash.

Show the MX version for ARM, I haven’t found anything close to this architecture. The version for RPi is absolutely not suitable for Jetson-Nano. MX is a version exclusively for x86 (intel and amd crap). All versions of Debian and Ubuntu (18.04 20.04 21.04) have long existed for Jetson-Nano and with different kernel versions 4.9 5.10 5.12 etc

Distrowatch haha 🤦 🙄

I don’t need to be “in touch” with Linux because Ubuntu does everything I need it to, thanks, and seems to work fine for Nvidia too! So I’ll take their word for it over yours.