Ubuntu displaying does not correct smootly although I have RTX3060 mobile gpu and installed nvidia drivers

I’ve installed nvidia drivers on Ubuntu 21.04.

But displaying does not works properly. For example

1. When I log into the system(after I enter password), black screen shows up for two seconds. After that, I can log into the Ubuntu.
  2. Cursor does not move smoothly.
  3. When I open anything it appears after a second.

In addition to them, lshw -C Display shows description: VGA compatible controller product: GA106M [GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile / Max-Q] But ubuntu-drivers devices does not show MODEL.

Please try disabling wayland
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-disable-wayland-and-enable-xorg-display-server-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

I did it but nothing has changed

When I write command echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE the output is x11

Was just a guess. Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (395.3 KB)

Is there any solution?

facing the exact same issue, how did u manage to fix it?

Looking at the log from back then, the gpu failed to clock up so was running only at minimum speed.

1 Like

Unfortunately I could not solve it

1 Like

Would you help about how it can be fixed?

What’s the current state of the notebook?

• did you update the nvidia driver meanwhile?
  • did you try a bios update?
  • do you have also Windows installed?

In my case i just rebooted linux from scratch (Ubuntu 18.04) using bios. The problem happened when I updated the kernel to support the wifi drivers I have in my pc. The issue was that the headers got all messed up and I still have no idea why that happened.

TL;DR I settled on the 18.04 base image