I’ve installed nvidia drivers on Ubuntu 21.04.
But displaying does not works properly. For example
- When I log into the system(after I enter password), black screen shows up for two seconds. After that, I can log into the Ubuntu.
- Cursor does not move smoothly.
- When I open anything it appears after a second.
In addition to them, lshw -C Display shows description: VGA compatible controller product: GA106M [GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile / Max-Q] But ubuntu-drivers devices does not show MODEL.
I did it but nothing has changed
When I write command echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE the output is x11
Was just a guess. Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.
facing the exact same issue, how did u manage to fix it?
Looking at the log from back then, the gpu failed to clock up so was running only at minimum speed.
Unfortunately I could not solve it
Would you help about how it can be fixed?
What’s the current state of the notebook?
- did you update the nvidia driver meanwhile?
- did you try a bios update?
- do you have also Windows installed?
In my case i just rebooted linux from scratch (Ubuntu 18.04) using bios. The problem happened when I updated the kernel to support the wifi drivers I have in my pc. The issue was that the headers got all messed up and I still have no idea why that happened.
TL;DR I settled on the 18.04 base image