Ubuntu theme

im sorry i dont know the category, how can i apply this theme to jetson tx2 on here:

By theme do you mean the desktop image, and button bar location/style/size? It is a pretty nice change from default (default is a bit ugly to me). If so it looks like a question for @dusty_nv.

PS: I’d probably change to this as well on all Ubuntu installs.

Yes that @dusty_nv used. When open folder left menu, address bar etc. Its like windows

It’s also like most Linux. I really hate the default Ubuntu. However, desktop theme is actually something rather interchangeable, so for example there is a KDE Ubuntu, but I’d consider it too high overhead for an embedded system. I too would like to know from Dusty what he installed on his Jetson to get the nice theme.

1 Like

I hope @dusty_nv helps us, and i hate default theme

Hi @savunmasad, that is LXDE lightweight window manager (which will be the default on the Nano 2GB). To install it on the other Jetson’s, you can perform the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lxde compton

Create the configuration file /etc/xdg/autostart/lxde-compton.desktop, containing these commands:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Compton (X Compositor)
GenericName=X compositor
Comment=A X compositor
TryExec=compton
Exec=compton --backend glx -b
OnlyShowIn=LXDE

Then reboot your system. For more info, refer to the L4T docs here:

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/adaptation_and_bringup_nano.html#wwpID0E0YB0HA

2 Likes

thank you