The Lightweight X11 Display Environment (LXDE) does not work

I want to use LXDE on my Xavier NX device. I followed LXDE to setup, but looks it does not work. I did not see any difference on my window…

On the above link, it requires to install lxde and compton, then creates the configuration file /etc/xdg/autostart/lxde-compton.desktop. Is there anything else I need do?

there are many *.desktop files under /etc/xdg/autostart/, how does NX system know to use which *.desktop file?

Hi,

Below is the logic we used for jetson nano 2gb to switch to lxde. You can refer to it for NX.

if [ -e "/lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service" ] &&
                [ "${TOTAL_MEM}" -lt 4 ]; then
                DEFAULT_DM=$(cat "/etc/X11/default-display-manager")
                if [ "${DEFAULT_DM}" != "/usr/sbin/lightdm" ]; then
                        echo "/usr/sbin/lightdm" > "/etc/X11/default-display-manager"
                        wait_debconf_resource
                        DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive DEBCONF_NONINTERACTIVE_SEEN=true dpkg-reconfigure lightdm
                        echo set shared/default-x-display-manager lightdm | debconf-communicate
                fi

I will try it, dont know lxde is lightdm which should be ubuntu 16.04 window manager.

We have lxde + lightdm combination working on nano 2gb case. I think NX should be able to use that too.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/adaptation_and_bringup_nano.html

I tested your above script, I can start system with lightdm, and it tooked less time to start up.

So lxde is not lightdm? Maybe we can use lxde instead of lightdm, it may reduce more time to start up than lightdm.

No, what you are talking about is not correct.

This may help explain.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.