Unable to deploy RIVA 1.10

Hardware - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
Hardware - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz (16 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Operating System - Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Riva Version 1.10

How to reproduce the issue ?
I had problems in the installation and I followed the recommendations presented in another forum :

• Comment out the models that will not be used in the config.sh file, details on where config.sh is located is available in the quick start guide
  • In my case I only leave the asr service enabled because I work with “es-US”
  • I run bash riva_clean.sh and delete the previous images and volumes that I had downloaded and created.

I attach my configuration file
config.sh (8,6 KB)

Execute bash riva_init.sh and got the following output
riva_init_log.txt (22,1 MB)

Execute bash riva_start.sh and got the following output
riva_start_log.txt (2,2 KB)

In the last line that shows riva_start it tells me Check Riva logs with: docker logs riva-speech but I don’t have any container with that name

Any suggestions to get RIVA 1.10 working properly?

1 Like

I think the laptop GPU has insufficient VRAM.
IIRC in a previous post, someone stated that VRAM usage can go up to 12 GB even with commenting out certain models

Same problem with Riva 1.10 on Titan RTX …

SOLVED: run riva_clean.sh and install again. Worked for me.

1 Like

Hi @leortiz ,

Thanks for your interest in Riva

Also Thanks to @200857g and @vanessa.crosby for your valuable inputs,

Thanks for sharing the logs and config.sh,

Perhaps the execution of riva_init.sh has failed with error, thats why the riva_start.sh didn’t work,

I will check the error that has occurred at riva_init.sh with the team, just a guess might be due to GPU memory, but will confirm the cause of the error shortly,

Just a quick try in meantime,

1. Run bash riva_clean.sh
  2. In the config.sh, we have two ASR models, can we try with only one of them and check if it works, by commenting one of the model with # as higlighted in screenshot below

3.Run bash riva_init.sh and continue the flow (also share logs again if unsuccessful)
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.