Unable to flash developement SoM

Hi Team,

I tried flashing jetson nano development SoM with custom carrier board using flash.sh script. It got stuck up in the following line. It didn’t progress.

[   1.2883 ] tegradevflash --oem platformdetails storage storage_info.bin
[   1.2927 ] Cboot version 00.01.0000
[   1.2959 ] Saved platform info in storage_info.bin

I repeated the process again, after sometime, it got flashed. I didn’t get access to console. But in HDMI screen, I got the following logs.

Any hints to debug this issue?

Thanks,
Sakthi

What are your parameters for the flash script? Do not forget that module from devkit should be flashed with jetson-nano-qspi-sd and not jetson-nano-emmc

cheers,
Olex

If the board directly shows the bash# to you, it means the rootfs is not well prepare or not correctly mounted.

I agree you should tell us what parameters you are using to flash the board. Also, you need to tell how your driver package is set up.

Hi Team,

Thanks for the reply.

I have created a custom .conf file based on jetson-nano-devkit.conf and used that to flash the board.
sudo ./flash.sh custom_nano.conf mmcblk0p1

I have downloaded the L4T 32.4.4 tarfile and extracted using the following command.
tar -xvf Tegra210_Linux_R32.4.4_aarch64.tbz2

Then I copied the dtb, uboot-bin, kernel into the respective folders in Linux_for_Tegra.

Then I did,
sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

I used the above flash command to flash.

This procedure works fine in flashing production SoM but not in development SoM.

Could you please give some pointers to debug this issue? @WayneWWW

Thanks,
Sakthi

Hi,

Few problems here

1. This procedure works fine in flashing production SoM but not in development SoM

Will it work if you use the original config file?

1. I have created a custom .conf file based on jetson-nano-devkit.conf and used that to flash the board.
    sudo ./flash.sh custom_nano.conf mmcblk0p1

If this is custom_nano.conf, then the flash command should be sudo ./flash.sh custom_nano mmcblk0p1. There is no “.conf” in the command.

1. Did you download anything to Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs?

Hi @WayneWWW

Now I tried the following,

1. Downloaded L4T 32.4.4 package and extracted it using the following command:
    tar -xvf Tegra210_Linux_R32.4.4_aarch64.tbz2

2. Extracted the rootfs into Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs.
    sudo tar -jxpf ../../Downloads/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.4.2_aarch64.tbz2

3. Copied u-boot.bin, Image, renamed our custom dtb to tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00.dtb and copied to the respective folders. Then I did the following.
    sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

4. Then I flashed the board using the following command. Flashing is successful.
    sudo ./flash.sh jetson-nano-devkit mmcblk0p1

But I am directed to the bash# shell instead of UI in the HDMI. I didn’t modify anything in Linux_for_Tegra. What can be the issue?

Thanks,
Sakthi

Hi,

1. There should be a file “system.img” under Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader after you flash the board. Please tell us the size of this file.

2. Please go to Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf and remove “quiet” inside this config. Then re-flash the board again and share us the log from serial console from uart.

Please note that I said “serial console from uart” but not monitor.

Hi @WayneWWW,

1. The size of the system.img is 4.5GB.
    ~/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader$ du -sh system.img
    4.5G system.img

2. I have removed the quiet option and captured the following logs from serial console through UART.
    sdcard_flash.txt (73.8 KB)

Can you please help me in resolving this bash-4.3# issue?

Thanks,
Sakthi

The log tells there is no mmcblk0p1 on your device.

Also, I just went through this post again and found something wrong.

The “development SOM” which has a sdcard slot does not support custom carrier board. Only the production module are compatible with custom carrier board. That is why it is called production module.

Also, the design guide document we shared are based on production module.