• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• Docker Container Version 5.1-21.02-triton
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 465.19.01
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) Bug
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
docker run --rm -it --gpus all nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:5.1-21.02-triton
pip3 install torch
python3 -c “import torch”
I am unable to import PyTorch properly on the Deepstream Triton container. The error message I get is as follows:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 1, in <module>
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/torch/__init__.py”, line 197, in
from torch._C import * # noqa: F403
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/torch/lib/libtorch_python.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK3c104Type14isSubtypeOfExtERKSt10shared_ptrIS0_EPSo
From what I observed during my trial and error, this seems to be due to different installed PyTorch versions: v1.9.0 from pip, and an older version used by the PyTorch backend in Triton.
How can I solve this issue? I believe the ideal solution will be to isolate the 2 PyTorch versions from each other, but I need some guidance on how to do this.