Unable to install NVIDIA notebook driver 190.89/195.39 for GEFORCE G210M

I bought a Sony VAIO CW series laptop recently. It has CUDA enabled G210M NVIDIA card.
The laptop comes with NVIDIA notebook driver version 187.83. I want to run CUDA 2.3/CUDA 3.0 and OpenCL programs on it.
But, I’m unable to upgrade my GPU driver to 190.89/195.89 version. It throws an error message " NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware".

Can nyone tell me how to resolve this issue? It’ll be really helpful.

Thanks

did you find anything?
im having the same problem :(

I bought a VGN-AW290 VAIO laptop 10 months ago from Sony’s online web site. I paid $500 extra to have it come with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 because I’m a video editor and wanted to do my work on it. It even came with special “plug-ins” for Premiere Pro for the laptop. I also bought the extended warrenty.

5 months ago Premiere quit working. The software vendor told me I need to update the video drivers to fix the problem. I did this on my desktop and it fixed the problem.

The nVidia drivers from nVidia will NOT install on the Vaio.

Sony REFUSES to put out an updated driver that will install on the Vaio.

The only driver available from Sony (in fact the only driver I can find that will install on this laptop) is the one that came with the machine dated over a year ago.

Is there any way at all I can get the latest nVidia driver installed on my Vaio? This laptop is worthless to me because Sony first tweaked the OS to keep their customers from installing drivers from the hardware manufacturers. Then they refused to create updated drivers.

In fact, 6 out of 10 programs I install or run (and keep updated with patches) will not work because Sony thinks their customers have no need to update video drivers on their computers.

Lesson learned…

NEVER buy a Sony computer… EVER

Laptop OEMs are always slow.
But usually it’s just an INF file tweak.

Everything you need is likely at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

I use the 197.16 driver and INF from laptopvideo2go.com for my Sony VAIO VPCCW17FD with a G210M running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and now all the CUDA 3.0 SDK code sample runs perfectly.

I use the 197.16 driver and INF from laptopvideo2go.com for my Sony VAIO VPCCW17FD with a G210M running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and now all the CUDA 3.0 SDK code sample runs perfectly.