Unable to observe CUDA-C files in Nsight Compute

Hi,

I am quite new to Optix and Nsight and am attempting to profile my own Optix 6.5 application using Nsight Compute. As mentioned in the software documentation, I should be able to observe the CUDA-C and SASS Source code while profiling User Kernels for Optix applications. However, I am only able to observe the SASS code and not the CUDA-C code. Could you please suggest why it may be so ? Perhaps, I need to enable some options or anything else while compiling ?

I have tried the same process with the OptixTutorial provided in the SDK and in that case I can see both SASS and CUDA-C.

Thanks.

In general, you need to compile with

-lineinfo

to have the compiler embed Source/SASS correlation information into the executable. Are you using this option with you application?
https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-compiler-driver-nvcc/index.html#options-for-altering-compiler-linker-behavior-generate-line-info

If you are still seeing the issue, could you please let us know which exact version of Nsight Compute you are using (i.e. the output of nv-nsight-cu-cli --version for example) and on which operating system?

Thanks.