Unable to profile application in docker container on Jetson Xavier

Hi,

I am trying to profile an application in docker container on a remote jetson xavier target with jetpack 4.4 DP using nvidia nsight systems on linux host machine.
I have nvidia nsight systems 2020.2 according to Nsight Systems Documentation section 3.2 (Installing GUI on the host system) on my linux host.
I am able to connect to the target jetson xavier from the GUI of nsight systems on the linux host. In the GUI, I am connected to the remote xavier with a password authenticated ssh connection. I put the following command line argument “docker exec container-id python3 applicaiton.py” in the target application. And when I start profiling, the program starts getting profiled but ends in a few seconds with the following error:

Event requestor failed: Source ID=
Type=ErrorInformation (18)
 Properties:
  OriginalSource (145)=EventRequestor
 Error information:
 InternalError (105)
  Properties:
  ErrorText (100)=The operation was aborted.
  ServiceName (200)=AnalysisService
  MethodName (201)=GetData

Events fetch failed: Source ID=
Type=ErrorInformation (18)
 Error information:
 ProcessEventsError (4005)
  Properties:
  ErrorText (100)=/build/agent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Host/Analysis/SymbolAnalyzer/SymbolAnalyzer.cpp(360): Throw in function void QuadDSymbolAnalyzer::SymbolAnalyzer::HandleKernelSymbols(const QuadDTimestamp&, uint64_t, uint64_t, const boost::filesystem::path&, QuadDSymbolAnalyzer::ISymbolResolver::Continuator, QuadDSymbolAnalyzer::StateMap*, const Ptr&)
Dynamic exception type: boost::exception_detail::clone_impl
std::exception::what: GetKernelSymbolsError
[QuadDCommon::tag_error_text*] = /build/agent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Host/Analysis/SymbolAnalyzer/SymbolAnalyzer.cpp(360): The operation was aborted.

Am I missing something here? What should I be doing to get rid of this error?

P.S. cat /proc/quadd/version version number is 1.141 on xavier

Thank you so much.

Nvidia does not provide support for profiling with Nsight Systems on application running inside Docker containers. You can check it in Features Table NV-Docker container support. The support is not available for Jetson devices. I am also stuck with this. If you have solved this issue please let me know.