unmet dependencies when running Jetpack 3.3

I have a new Jetson TX2. I have loaded a laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 (fresh load with nothing else loaded). When I try to run the Jetpack 3.3 to install everything, I get stopped with the following error:
“The following packages have unmet dependencies:
cuda-toolkit-9-0 : Depends: cuda-samples-9-0 (>= 9.0.252) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: cuda-documentation-9-0 (>= 9.0.252) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.”

Everything I have found on this forum refers to doing this on a VM. As said this is a fresh install of linux on a physical machine. I admit that I am VERY new to linux.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

VMs are not supported, so your native install is the correct way to go.

Does your host PC have an NVIDIA video card? I am wondering if perhaps the message is referring to the host since the host has to install tools to cross compile samples before copy to the Jetson. Without an NVIDIA video card the NVIDIA video driver cannot be installed, and without this driver CUDA and related tools won’t be possible on the host.

If the above isn’t the issue, then someone will be wanting to look at the flash logs.

FYI, JetPack can be run at any later time and you don’t need to flash to run JetPack again for packages. Just use the wired ethernet (you’ll need to manually enter the IP address) and don’t use recovery mode if you are only installing packages (then uncheck flash). Try adding packages without samples and without host side tools.