Unresponsive Switch

I’m trying to upgrade the FW on a SX6036 switch, the image upload did not appear to complete, and the switch is now inaccessible. My PuTTY session prompts for the Login and Password, then sits at the ‘Mellanox Switch’ prompt and doesn’t take input - I enter ‘enable’ and it didn’t respond (about 3 hours now). The GUI loads, but the ‘Login’ button gives a response" Management backend unavailable’. Does anyone have any ideas how to recover, other than having someone pull the power cords?

thanks.

Hi Simon,

If you are not worried about your configs, then try resetting the switch thru the RST button.

On the connector side panel under the system LEDs is a reset button . This reset button requires a tool to be pressed.

This button resets both the CPU of the switch device and the CPU of the management module. It thereby resets all of the ports by bringing them down and powering them up when the button is pushed. A quick push of this button performs this reset. When the button is held down for 15 seconds the switch is reset and the password is deleted. You will then be able to enter without a password and make a new password for the user “admin”. In the externally managed switches the reset button resets the CPU of the switch device.

Thanks

Khwaja