USB host enable along with NVMe flashing in Orin NX

Hi Team,
In Orin NX ,when we enable USB0 OTG to host , Flashing in NVMe is failing saying usb is not available. If USB0 as OTG works fine.
Any solution ? specific steps to flash ?

Hi,

can you elaborate your question more?
What did you mean with

we enable USB0 OTG to host
If USB0 as OTG works fine.

Are you working on a custom carrier board, or an official DevKit?
Also, can you provide the flashing log and the UART log when you fail to flash the device?

I mean , if usb2-0 mode is otg. We are able to flash successfully.
We wanted use usb2-0 as host to detect other interface(keypad/mouse). So for that if mode changed to “host” . And with that configuration built and started flashing , it will fail at stage 3 .
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

•                                 *|

• Step 3: Start the flashing process *|
  •                                 *|

***************************************|
Waiting for target to boot-up…|
…
Waiting for target to boot-up…
Waiting for target to boot-up…
Timeout
Cleaning up…

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I referred below suggestion , but did not help me.

I followed this commands
step1) mode as :HOST
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p “-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml --no-systemimg” --network usb0 --no-flash jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

step 2) Mode as “otg”

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p “-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml --no-systemimg” --network usb0 –use-backup-image jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

Hi,

thanks for the clarification. I think it is expected that flashing with USB2-0 configured as host would fail, because you cannot establish connection between the host PC and the device now.

Did the two steps method in your previous reply also result in timeout?
Have you tried to flash first with the default OTG device tree, then boot into the system to replace the device tree with the host mode one?

1 Like

Steps i followed to make it work.
first flashed with otg mode only and then target i followed below steps.

1. copied dtb from /boot/dtb/
  2. dtb to dts:
    dtc -I dtb -O dts kernel_tegra234-p3767-0001-p3768-0000-a0.dtb > kernel_tegra234-p3767-0001-p3768-0000-a0.dts
  3. changed “otg” to “host” in dts file.
    4)dts to dtb:
    dtc -I dts -O dtb -o kernel_tegra234-p3767-0001-p3768-0000-a0.dtb kernel_tegra234-p3767-0001-p3768-0000-a0.dts
  4. replaced dtb in /boot/dtb/
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.