USD Format Issues

Hi everyone! I’m having some issues with using USD files and I was wondering if I could get some guidance on this. My struggles are mostly in the following:

• “ErrorException” when trying to export a USD file into Nucleus

• Opening USD file on Code/Create interchangeably may result in a different scene (missing materials/meshes)

• Making a copy of the USD file and opening the copy often results in missing materials/meshes (or a program crash)

We’re running Create version 2022.1.4 and Code version 22.1.2, and the workstation specs are as follows:

CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core I5 - 11400F @2.60 GHz 6 cores
RAM: 16GB
STORAGE: 1TB SSD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (12GB)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi @natalia1. Do your USD stages consist of a single USD file or are you using references or sublayers? Keep in mind that stages using multiple USD layers rely on being able to locate all layers. Do you have an example stage you could share with me?

Hi @mati-nvidia, thanks for the quick response! My USD stages usually consist of a single USD file exported in order to make sure that there are no references or sublayers required. Unfortunately, even by this means, the file is occasionally randomly missing some meshes. I will try to recreate an example scene and share later.

1 Like