Use SDKManager flash TX2 failed,jetpack 4.6

Hello,We use SDkManager to flash TX2 with jetpack 4.6, but the following problems appear, may I ask how to fix, thanks

23:18:07 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: verifying checksum of /home/xjd/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.6.1_aarch64.tbz2

23:18:09 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Found file /home/xjd/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.6.1_aarch64.tbz2 with correct checksum, skip downloading.

23:18:16 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: verifying checksum of /home/xjd/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.6.1_aarch64.tbz2

23:18:19 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Found file /home/xjd/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R32.6.1_aarch64.tbz2 with correct checksum, skip downloading.

23:19:20 DEBUG: File System and OS - target_image: using adapter to install NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T186_COMP@JETSON_TX2_TARGETS to /home/xjd/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6_Linux_JETSON_TX2_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T186_COMP include 1 package

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: exec_command: /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T186_COMP.sh

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: *begin sudo apt-get install -y qemu-user-static , 5

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Reading package lists…

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Building dependency tree…

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Reading state information…

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: qemu-user-static is already the newest version (1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7).

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

23:19:20 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: *begin sudo apt-get install -y python , 5

23:19:21 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Reading package lists…

23:19:21 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Building dependency tree…

23:19:21 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Reading state information…

23:19:21 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: The following packages have unmet dependencies:

23:19:21 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Depends: python2.7 (>= 2.7.15~rc1-1~) but it is not going to be installed

23:19:21 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

23:19:21 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: [ NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T186_COMP Install took 1s ]

23:19:21 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: command terminated with error

There is a “EXPORT LOGS” button on your sdkm GUI. Press it and share the file here.

ok

…no. The log file is just a zip file with few KB…

Do you really know where I am asking you to click the button?

Sorry, I forgot to save it
SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.6_(rev.2)_Linux_for_Jetson_TX2_modules_2021-11-09_11-32-24.zip (61.1 KB)

The flash does not start at all. Even installing some tools on the host got failure.

What is the enivorment of your host machine?

ubuntu18.04.6LTS

Just a stupid question here. Are you using another arm64 device with sdkmanager?

No, I only use TX2 with sdkmanager . Can reinstall operation system for the host solve the problem?

My question is

“Are you running sdkmanager on your TX2 ?” I mean you are trying to let TX2 flash itself?

no,I use sdkmanager on my host machine ,TX2 is in recovery model.

Could you share what you see from below command on your host?

sudo dpkg --print-architecture

Even this command fails on your host machine. This is from your log file.

*begin sudo apt-get install -y python , 5
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

Please fix that on your host first. This looks like specific to your host machine.
It is weird that even installing python gets failure.

it is amd64

Ok,i try to fix host ,thanks

Thank you very much, it is my host problem!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.