edit : by the way, it is call Intel Visual Fortran and not IFORT under Windows
I had some hard times trying to make work both CUDA and IFORT in Visual Studio 2008. I looked all over the web, but didn’t find much answers.
So I give the one i found (maybe not the best), in case of there is people still stuck in this.
The name should not be exact since I try to translate it.
1.Create a new solution Visual Fortran
File > New project
IntelÂ® Visual Fortran > Console Application
2. Download and install http://sourceforge.net/projects/cudavswizard/
3. Add a new project in your solution
Visual C++ > CUDAWinApp
Choose Static library, uncheck â€œPrecompiled headerâ€
4. Right click on one of the two project -> Project dependencies
Choose Fortran project and check the box matching the Cpp/CUDA project
5. Right click on the Fortran Project -> define as starting project
6. Code both Fortran and Cuda
7. Make an interface for CUDA in the Fortran
SUBROUTINE my_function_cuda(…) BINDÂ©
USE, INTRINSIC :: ISO_C_BINDING
8. Add generation rules for CUDA
Right click on the Cuda Project > Custom generation rules
Find an existing file > choose the file Cuda rules from the Nvidia SDK (common/ directory)
9.Right click on the Fortran Project > properties
Linker > General
add $(CUDA_LIB_PATH) to â€œAdditional Library Directoriesâ€
Linker > Input
add cudart.lib to â€œAdditional Dependenciesâ€
Done ! hope you do not catch arthrosis doing all this clicking.
PS: Thanks to the cuda wizard guys and to the website, which i forgot the name, for the last steps of this solution