VGPU licence settings on Linux

Hello,

I just succeeded to get the VGPU license in my Windows machine. But doing it on Linux, I got some troubles.

First no server addess was needed when I did it on Windows. But gridd.conf needs server address, where can I get it? I can’t find it on Nvidia web portal.

So I left it as empty, so after I restarted gridd, I can see the logs like:
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Configuration parameter ( ServerAddress ) not set
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: vGPU Software package (0)
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Ignore service provider and node-locked licensing
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: NLS initialized
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Failed to decode signature from token received
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Failed to read configurations from client configuration token (Error: Invalid client configuration token - signature validation failed)
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Failed to setup Cloud License Manager: 3

Is it because the server address is empty? Or is there any wrong in the client token which resides at /etc/nvidia/ClientConfigToken/client_configuration_token_07-14-2022-13-47-50.tok with permission 744 (which I downloaded from Nvidia web portal)?

1 Like

Hi,

the server address is encrypted in the client token. It seems your token is not working. Please check your license assignment in the portal and create a new client token.
Make also sure that the client token file is the only file in the ClientConfigToken folder.

regards
Simon

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes. You were right.

I only copied and pasted the string in the token file. But it seems that there are non visible characters at the end of the string. So it’s magically working after I copied file itself. Thanks!