VGPU licence settings on Linux

Hello,

I just succeeded to get the VGPU license in my Windows machine. But doing it on Linux, I got some troubles.

First no server addess was needed when I did it on Windows. But gridd.conf needs server address, where can I get it? I can’t find it on Nvidia web portal.

So I left it as empty, so after I restarted gridd, I can see the logs like:
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Configuration parameter ( ServerAddress ) not set
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: vGPU Software package (0)
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Ignore service provider and node-locked licensing
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: NLS initialized
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Failed to decode signature from token received
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Failed to read configurations from client configuration token (Error: Invalid client configuration token - signature validation failed)
Jul 14 05:35:53 ubuntu-server nvidia-gridd[1512]: Failed to setup Cloud License Manager: 3

Is it because the server address is empty? Or is there any wrong in the client token which resides at /etc/nvidia/ClientConfigToken/client_configuration_token_07-14-2022-13-47-50.tok with permission 744 (which I downloaded from Nvidia web portal)?

Hi,

the server address is encrypted in the client token. It seems your token is not working. Please check your license assignment in the portal and create a new client token.
Make also sure that the client token file is the only file in the ClientConfigToken folder.

regards
Simon

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes. You were right.

I only copied and pasted the string in the token file. But it seems that there are non visible characters at the end of the string. So it’s magically working after I copied file itself. Thanks!