Video from webcam directly to HDMI output

Hey,

I have a Jetson Nano and would like to use it to forward a camera that is recognized as a webcam directly to the HDMI port. This should be done lossless and directly at startup of the Jetson Nano.

The reason for this is that I would like to connect my Insta360 camera as a webcam with the Jetson Nano, the Jetson Nano should output the image directly via HDMI, so that my capture card for IOS can recognize and process this signal.

In my head this should be easily possible but how.

many greetings and thanks

HI,

The most straightforward way I can think of is using GStreamer to create your display pipeline. NVIDIA SoCs include hardware accelerated engine to decode video fast. So for example, assuming that you webcam outputs encoded video in MJPG then something like this should do the trick:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! image/jpeg,format=MJPG,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1 ! nvv4l2decoder mjpeg=1 ! nvvidconv ! autovideosink

The actual available formats of your webcam can be checked using v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --list-formats-ext once is recognized correctly. To run that pipeline a script on startup of the Jetson board you could use cron, init.d or systemd.

Now, assuming you have done the bring up HDMI capture card already (drivers (if needed) for example) then that should be it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.